cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a product A which is configurable and for this we need B which is also configurable. Now some times we sell the B also so i created the configuation profile for this. the characterstics of B are same as A but class is different. Now when i configure the A in sales order system asking to configure the B but i don't want like this. as the characterstics are common then system should take the vaules what ever entered in A. how can i avoid this siutation. waiting for ur suggestion.

thanks

Ramakant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly, Producy B can be a Subassembly of Product A. Both products have different classes allocated to them, but the Characteristics are the Same for both Classes. If this is your Scenario, you can Create a Constraint Net and Allocate it to Product B. By using the Constraint Net, you can assigne the Values from Class of Product A to Class of Product B. See Example Below.

OBJECTS: CR IS_A (300) C_CREW_APACK_SHPLS,

AP IS_A (300) C_CARPENTER_SHOP.

CONDITION: AP.C_TOTAL_KD_STAIR_TREADS > 0.

RESTRICTION: CR.C_TOTAL_KD_STAIR_TREADS = AP.C_TOTAL_KD_STAIR_TREADS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks for ur reply

i was trying ur solution but not yet clear about this.

i want while configuration of product A in sales order what ever the characteristics values i have selected for A it should take the same for the Product B as B is subassembly of A and it is configurable. characteristics of B are same as of A.

thanks

ramakant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

If B is a Configurable Sub-Assembly under A, the sample above will transfer the Characteristic Values from Class A to Class B then,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

thanks for ur solution

means whenever i configure the A in sales order it will take values to B .

reagards

ramakant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please respond back if you need additional information or a clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the path SPRO -- Logistics General -- Confiuration management -- application control-- Explosion Profile.

Rgds.

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh

Thanks for ur reply

can u eloborate i checked the path u told i not getting how it will solove my prob one more thing is that i want to sell B also so at the time of sale order B it sholud allow me to do configuation.

thanks

ramakant