cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register a Mobile device Id in the netweaver Administer login?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

How to register a Mobile device Id in the netweaver Administer login?

I logged in as J2ee_admin and I see SAP Mobile Infrastructure under the Administration adn underneath I see Mobile device releated configurations But there I don't see any options for creating a entry for registering a mobile device.

How can we register a mobile device/laptop there???

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,

Greetson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is on the Mobile client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a user - give him the following authorisations:

SAP_JAVA_NWMOBILE_ADMIN_SUPER

Then you will see the buttons.

Normally J2EE-ADMN is a system user - you can not add the authorisations to this user.

Further problems? Feel free to use MSN or Skype. You will find the details on my card here in SDN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I can see from our discussion - you sync with one R/3 system, but you look into another one to add the mobiel applications to your device.

When you check for your machine, you need to compare Device ID AND Device Name. Both must fit. The Name is a running number. So on all machines there will be a MOBILE_0000001 as long as it is not deleted. So just checking for the Mobile Name will not help you.

Please ask your workmate for the correct J2EE for the parameters you are using for the sync. This will solve your problem - for sure!

Have fun,

+Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver ,

Looks like what we tried is good sofar. Problem is in the Mobile client that I had installed (SP10 Mobile client). I installed SP12 Mobile client and it works fine. As soon as I do the sync very first time a new Mobile device entry is added on the NWA. Thanks for all your help.

Greetsn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this MobileID is created while you sync a device the first time with this Middleware. So it is not you that generates the ID there in the screen - it is MI that does that job automatically. You can see in the screen which IDs are available - or other way round: what machines are out there and which user has which ID.

So please try to sync a MI client with that middleware and you will see the DeviceID of this machine pops up in the selectin window.

Hope this helps to solve your issue.

Regard,s

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks . When I do the sync Mobile Id got generated .

But the sync results says no application exist to download. How we can add mobile components to the Devce ID so that during sync from the mobile client the application will get download????

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greetson,

well, if you open the NWA and select

"Mobile Infrastructure->Device Maintenance", search for all devices.

Select the deviceId you are interested in, then in the bottom part of the screen you will find some informations of the device. Open the second tab ("Mobile Components"). You should see "MobileEngine JSP" there as entry. Correct so far?

Then there is a button "Add/Remove"

If you select that button a new window opens. In there you can select the component you want to install on the device. Please enter the username as well - this is mandatory for the assignment. Well, then press add and the entry occures in the list at the bottom of the screen.

Next Sync - app comes down to the device.

Oh - before this can happen, you have to deploy the SDA file on the J2EE - but this is a logical step I guess.

Hope this helps to solve the issue

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver for your information. I am using J2ee_admin as the user id to access the NWA but under this id I don't see the option for Add/Remove teh Mobile applications components.

Do you know what User id should have the authorization for adding the applications?

Also please let me know what PDF document has all these steps in detail?????

I checkes www.service.sap.com/installguiges But I am not able to find the proper PDF.....

Thanks for you help in advance.

Greetson