Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem posting Vendor Master Data

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are posting Vendor Master data from MDM to ECC. We have serialized ADRMAS and CREMAS so that ADRMAS is always posted first and then CREMAS. ADRMAS is always posted correctly but for some reason the link between ADRMAS and its following CREMAS is not getting established. Because of that CREMAS is failing.

We have explored all possible workarounds but nothing is working. Please note that in ECC, the number ranges are set to external numbers. The number ranges in ECC start with leading zeros. We are sending vendor numbers in the same format with leading zeros. However, I have this gut feeling that these leading zeros are causing the problem but I am not sure.

Another thing is that if we create a vendor in ECC and then send data from MDM to update it, we can successfully do that. It's just the new vendor creation that is causing problem.

Please also note that we are using '005' as message function. I have also tried '009' but it's not working either.

Any suggestion, solution, workaround will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

TS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member447060
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to achieve the same thing by posting the ADRMAS and CREMAS in serialized fashion but in our ECC system the vendor master is set to internal number range. Can you please advice how do I achieve the linkage between the Address and Vendor if the vendor number range is internal  ?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

the link between ADRMAS and CREMAS is usually established by the fields <ADRMASxx>-<E1ADRMAS>-<OBJ_ID> and <CREMASxx>-<E1LFA1M>-<LIFNR>. <OBJ_ID> and <LIFNR> should have the exact vendor number. Is this always the case?

In our local test systems the leading zeros are required. If I distribute vendors without them, I get a failure in R/3. Which ECC release do you use? Which failure message can you see in the Idoc reporting (transaction WE02)?

BR Michael

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes, that's always the case. The <ADRMASxx>-<E1ADRMAS>-<OBJ_ID> and <CREMASxx>-<E1LFA1M>-<LIFNR> both are mapped to our vendor number.

We are using ECC 6.0. I have tried distributing vendors with and without leading zeros but in either case it didn't work.

Here's the error message that we get while posting CREMAS

"Fill all required fields SAPMF02K 0111 ADDR1_DATA-DEFLT_COMM"

Message no. F2282

However, when we check the ADRMAS, we can see a value 'LET' against 'COMM_TYPE' field. It is not empty.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TS

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

ok, that the correct assignment of the values. CREMAS should reuse the information stated in ADRMAS. I've got three ideas:

1) Do you have a value for field ADDR_GROUP defined within the ADRMAS? It's the field right below COMM_TYPE. If not, please try "BP" as a value! Sometimes - but I do not know the exact reason - BAS likes to have this value maintained...

2) Is LET a valid code for the communication type? You can check this in table TSAC (use Transaction SE11).

3) Open the address table ADRC with SE11. Search for your vendor and check, if there's any data stored for the default communication type. The fieldname is DEFLT_COMM in this case.

BR Michael

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Yes we already are maintaining the ADDR_GROUP field with 'BP' value.

2. LET is a valid code for communication type.

3. LET is present in DEFLT_COMM in my address record in table ADRC.

Regards,

TS

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

well then... The good thing is that everythings seems to be in ADRC, thus the ADRMAS inbound is really working. During the CREMAS inbound, ALE processing should use the stored address and read its data to create the vendor. It looks like something is goin wrong during this data fetch. I'm sorry, but it's hard to say what's going wrong without having the the possibility to debug this. I'd suggest that you create an OSS ticket on this, because I do not see any further possibilities what could be missing within the IDocs themselves.

BR Michael

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Finally, I found out the problem. I had '/' in the fields I was not using in ADRMAS. While trying different things, I removed those '/' from ADRMAS and it started working.

So to all who are reading this message, make sure that you leave the fields that you are NOT using in ADRMAS blank. Slashes ('/') are meant to be used only in CREMAS IDOC and not in ADRMAS.

Michael, thanks again for your help.

Regards,

TS

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

you're welcome, it's good to read that it's now working. And you're right, the slashes (no data signs) can be used in CREMAS and DEBMAS IDocs only.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Your answer is helpful.

I'm also trying the same scenario but I don't see the communication method updated in ADRC as you mentioned. What could be the reason for it not to update ?

Thanks

Harsha