cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

threshold limit for XI messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

For us,recently no. of xml messages are increasing drastically and we r getting a feel that system becoming little bit slow.

Is there any threshold limit set by SAP for XML messages in XI for given database capacity. that means

1) if the number of messages exceeds xxxxxx(number), we have to go for archive or removing some messages.

(or)

2) if databse is xx% full, we need to clear up some messages

Arciving is still not active in production.

Any help is appreciated.........

Thanx,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1) if the number of messages exceeds xxxxxx(number), we have to go for archive or removing some messages.

YES

>>2) if databse is xx% full, we need to clear up some messages

Yes.. Check with Basis team... there will be back ground job to go ahead

>>Arciving is still not active in production.

It is advisicable to have and have to delete the messages down the line....for betteer performance.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

Thanks for ur reply...

But plz let me know, if is there any note to refer and can see at least few points abt this. That will help me to deal with client.

Thanx,

Kumar.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note -872388 will help.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

Thanx.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

Message Size

Throughput in terms of bytes per second is much higher for larger messages. This is mainly due to the processing overhead for a single message. Assuming a linear model for the cost of proc-essing a single message of size: sbsa+=τ, the throughput ρincreases linearly with message size for small messages and asymptotically reaches a maximum for large messages.

Furthermore, the Integration Engine stores messages in a compressed format (compression rates for XML messages are normally in the range of 70-80%). Therefore, applications should be designed to use larger messages (if possible). On the other hand, processing larger messages causes higher memory resource consumption. Therefore, you should consider 64bit platforms as there are no ad-dress space issues to limit memory usage.

The database is of crucial importance for overall system performance since XI persists the messages it transports several times.

I/O Distribution

Distributing I/O evenly across available I/O channels (controllers, disks) is a key factor for optimal da-tabase configuration. Therefore, you should use as many independent channels as possible. Separate data areas from log areas (as well as from paging/swap areas).

The XI application profile is characterized by the following:

- High-volume processing in a small number of tables (about 10)

- Some tables (qRFC) with high insert/delete frequency

Check out SAP Note 812158 for more details. and also you can use SXMB_ADM to check IS Configurations.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS: Reward Points if Helpful