cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best way to generate reports(printable) in WebDynpro?

Considering that 'table' data will grow dynamically.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

If you want the exact look and feel of the paper forms that we had then you can get such reports using Adobe Interactive forms.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

Thanks for your reply. But I have a question, Interactive Forms like the name saids it...is for designing forms, not reports.

I have tried using it with Adobe Cycle Designer but I can't get it to work for designing reports. It is more for like input fields or static text.

I want to know if there is a better solution or "standard" solution on SAP... like a true report design tool like JASPER Reports(for example).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved with Adobe Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved with Adobe Interactive Forms

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alan,

If i understood your requirement correctly, you want to show reports in Web Dynpro.

If Data is coming from SAP System, you can call BAPI using Adapative RFC Model and display them in Web Dynpro table control.

Data Manipulation is possible. We can hide un necessary data.

If Data is there in SAP BW System, you can call BW Template (Web Template) using absolute navigation, it will get the same report in Web Dynpro. with this approach, it is fast and less work from web dynpro. But we can not control BW - data in Web Dynpro.

If data is coming from other systems, we can use Web Service Model or Java Bean Model, data manipulation is possible.

For Print this data, need to write our own function. There are lot of posts is available in SDN.

like,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/05/04/enhancing-tables-in-webdynpro-java-150-custom-built-table-utilities

Regards,

Sridhar