Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Field Short Descriptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go into the Repository Information System (SE83), then drill down to ABAP Dictionary->Fields->Table Fields, you are allowed to enter a table name to display its fields and short descriptions. I need to know what table the short descriptions are stored. I assumed it was DD03T, but I'm not able to locate most of my field descriptions for the MM module. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out DD03M.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

That is for generating a table for view. I don't think that's what I'm looking for. I saw a post asking this question, and someone replied to use DD04T. I am able to find a field name, but I'm not able to associate it to a specific table. The example I'm using to locate the field short descriptions is table EKPO, field BUKRS.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Yes that's right.. but this view contains all you want.

Like:

E.g.,

REPORT ZTEST_NP.

data: l_ddtext like dd03m-ddtext.

select single DDTEXT

into l_DDTEXT

from DD03M

where TABNAME = 'EKPO'

and FIELDNAME = 'BUKRS'

and DDLANGUAGE = sy-langu.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

I don't have the ability to run an ABAP script, so is the short description in the field SCRTEXT_S ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

You can see data in SE16 if you look at DD03M Database view :

Enter tab name

Use language field

Text fields are

SCRTEXT_S - Short

SCRTEXT_M - Medium

SCRTEXT_L - long ( Use this one)

Thanks

Seshu

0 Kudos

Thanks for the information!

0 Kudos

Sheshu... The DD03M seems to be missing some positional data even though its viewable in SAP TCode ZSE16R.

Check this out as an example:

Look at table CSKS fields by using ZSE16R, then go to the choose fields option in the Settings>List Format menus. Then compare that to the data that is in DD03M.

Examples of missing fields form DD03M for table CSKS:

MANDT

PKZKP

VERAK

WAERS

Can you tell me why this data isn't present in the DD03M table?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Nevermind Sheshu... I found out that our SAP is limiting us to 2Gb of streaming data which explains why some of the data is missing.

Thanks anyway!