Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver as ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to implement the following scenario:

- A SQL database is pooled and updated records and with the help of XI i have to call a BAPI in the R/3 system to create a sales order using ABAP Proxy.so before i create the Sales order i have to do a lot of validations like whether the customer code is existing,whether the material is a an existing material or not and many more.so can someone tell me how will i do all these validations before creating the sales order.

Thanks and Regards,

Jishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jishi,

you can do it inside the proxy

just before you call the function module that creates a sales order

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot for ur valuable response.

Since the ABAP proxy code is written in the XI server,how can we access the tables in the R/3 from XI for checking the data and then only create the sales order?can u just tell me the steps?

Thanks and Regards,

Jishi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

no no the abap proxy code is written on the R/3 server

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Since the ABAP proxy code is written in the XI server</i> is not correct perception.

Let me clarify a few things...

ABAP Proxy code is not written in XI Server. U generate an ABAP Proxy for the ,message Interfaces developed in XI, in your target SAP system.

When u generate the Proxy for the Message Interface in SAP system, it helps you in marshalling and unmarshalling of XML data.

In the Execute synchronous/ execute asynchronous method of the generated proxy, u actually write the code/ busineess logic for ur validations.

If all validations are successful then u call the sales order BAPI.

Cheers,

siva Maranani.

Answers (0)