know to support an MDM project?

Points guaranteed. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As a Basis Guy you need to perform various tasks such as Load Unload the Repository, Check the MDM Server performance.Bounce the server if required, Usually there are many inbound and outbound process running so you need to monitor the system and if you think system is not performing then you need to finetune the system or get in touch with key users and take decsion on further step before system crash.

Hope it works.

Thanks and Regards

Praful Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from the above answers I am adding few m,ore functions as a Basis consultant

You have to restart and stopping of MDIS ,MDSS and MDS servers.

Hawk eye on while loading of data over the servers.

Server performance wrt to loading of data

Connection between the system within the lanscape

If the data is struck up you need to cross check the systems.

Hope this will helpful!!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

MDM holds different modules (so may be useful to known about Java, or abap, or XI, web service, Enterprise Portal, publishing, user management, workflow, etc. etc.).

In my opinion to begin an MDM project is good to know something of RDBMS and then to have a light overview on the other systems.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most MDM projects will have EP, XI, SAP and other systems as a part of the landscape. Though i donot see much work for a basis guy in the SAP MDM tool(Installation and maintenance is easy) but would be definelty required to take care of the other systems.

Sriram Bala

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Just wonder if people can tell me as a basis guy, what should I

know to support an MDM project?

As of other SAP system some common role as performance, fine tuning,availability of the system, creation of user and maintaining it, upgrade. etc

Regards

Sangeetha