cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if it is called a driving query or something else, but I am looking for a way to control variable inputs shown on a specific variable entry.

For example if I had a variable called "Alphabet" and the options where A, B, C, D, E, F, G, etc. But I just wanted to show the options A, B, C how can I tell the variable screen to do this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can define it either in a SAP-exit and restirict the values or you can even get the values from another query and use this result as input for your new query. But that's dependent on the type of variable. If you want to use an SAP-exit choose SAP-exit or otherwise it would replacement path using another query or control query.

For SAP exit the general variable exit RSXUSR01 or RSXUSR02 has to be active. In i_Step = 1 you would calculate the values for your variable and return it in variable e_T_data. You can find many examples here in SDN. Look also for query with replacement path.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While defining the variable itself you can set the range and give the upper limit and lower limit Some thing like this A between D.

This will display only values between A and D you can also inlcude and exclude the values in the range.

Cheers.

Ranga.

Message was edited by:

Ranga

Message was edited by:

Ranga