cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment error: Overwriting a protected field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I try to post some data from XI through an inbound proxy to R/3, the message get stuck in the R/3 inbound queue because of the SysFail with the error "Assignment error: Overwriting a protected field."

If I goto SPROXY and debug the interface with the same message payload from the monitor, the execution runs through without any errors.

If anyone has come across this kind of situation, please throw some light.

Thanks

AJ.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> error "Assignment error: Overwriting a protected

> field."

Dod you create any class level variables in ABAP proxy with protected visibility? or any classes which are derived from other abap classes are being used in your code? The error is related to violating some OOPS principle.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ur sending data from Source system its giving error,in SPROXY if u post data its not giving any error.R u using any date formats in source side,this will happen when ur data is worng and XI is not transforming the data into ABAP format.

I to got same error when i have date format at source side.

'First Check what are the transformation ur using in XI mapping.all are working fine or not.

After that Take the payload of receiver side in SXMB_MONi and using it execute the proxy then u can find the error.

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful