cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Request from cube based on Selection Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a scenario where i have three selection condition while i update from ODS to CUBE . I keep getting differnet versions of the file so the latest version should replace the old version , to do this i tired using the option

Delte Request from Info Cube after Update in the Data Tagets tab

And the Radio button Overlapping is checked . ( This is not working )

The three selection conditions in Info Pacake are

Reduest id from ODS : 11111

Cal Month : 20072

File Type : B

The selecion condition for the second Version in Info Pacake of the same file that should replace the first file in cube is

Reduest id from ODS : 22222 ( The request id is RID in the ODS for second file )

Cal Month : 20072

File Type : B

so can any one let me know how can i achvie this ........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

You select the variable deletion conditions when you schedule the InfoPackage that is going to load the new data. On the Data Targets tab page in the Automatic Deletion of Similar/Same Requests from InfoCube column, you click on the pushbutton to go to the Deletion of Requests from the InfoCube After Update dialog box.

Here you determine under which conditions existing requests are deleted from the InfoCube:

· You can include update modes, InfoSources, DataSources, and source systems for requests.

Example

Requests are deleted when the appropriate deletion conditions are met if existing requests and new ones were loaded from the same DataSource.

· You can determine whether the selections for the new request need to be the same as or more comprehensive than the selections of the request that is to be deleted, or whether the selections for the new request need to completely or partially overlap the selections of the request that is to be deleted.

· You can specify deletion restrictions according to date. This means that, when the deletion conditions are met, only those requests that were loaded within a specific time period are actually deleted.

Example

If you choose Data for the Request from the Last Seven Days, only those requests are deleted that have been loaded in the last seven days.

· You can specify situations in which a request is not to be deleted, even if the appropriate deletion conditions are in place.

Example

If, under Exceptions, you choose the Today is …the Last Day of a Month, existing requests are not deleted, if the new request is loaded on the last day of a month.

· Another option for determining deletion conditions is creating a user routine for the InfoPackage and the InfoCube. In this routine you can exclude requests from a deletion process or include additional requests for deletion.

Check conditions again, it will work, if selection and data source is same.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Thanks for your feed back . but my selection conditions are not the same every time as my selection condition for one of the selection

Request id keeps changing every time . That the main issue i am facing . so do u have any idea how to over come this .....