cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Order Header Partner Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How to configure multiple partner functions in sales order? There is already a Bill-to(RE) partner and I need to add another Bill-to(RE) but I get this error "Partner function RE can only occur 1 times in procedure TA (Sales Document Header)". I am a technical developer and not sure how to configure this. Basically how to make it repeatable? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Rams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As has already been stated, you cannot have more than one PF of the same type at the header level. If you had two Bill-tos for example, how would SAP know which one to bill ?

I would recommend that you have two Bill-tos (representing each payment card) in the Customer Master record, then select/determine the appropriate Bill-to at Sales Order entry time. This should give you what you need. We do something similar with one of our Customers, who want an EDI Invoice for EDI Orders, but paper Invoices for manual Orders.

Cheers, Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

You are trying to maintain multiple Bill to parties for one sales document right..

You can do it, but not at the header level. Because system allows you only to maintain one Partner function at header level.

To maintain multiple partners Go to the items tab and change the Bill-to-pty number to the one u need.

Like this you can have difft Bill-to-Pty in an order.

Don't try to enter two Bill-to-Pty at sales order header level, SAP doesn't allow it.

Regards,

Ajai

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajai,

I was actually looking if I can store at header level if answer is if not possible then I guess we need to store at item level.

fyi. our scenario : For web orders customer can use two different payment card each with different billing address for the order placed and we were looking to store this at order header level since payment card is at order header level. Ideally customers use only multiple credit cards but with same billing address but our business would like to support this too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Thank you very much for detailing the business requirements.

Yeh, your requirement forces us to think at header level, unfortunately SAP doesn't support that.

I think mySAP CRM has the feature, maintaining multiple addresses for one customer, Any way it may not be relevant to you if your client doesn't user CRM.

Regards,

Ajai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response infact I had taken a look at this the uniqueness for Bill-To is unchecked from the begining? so ideally it should repeat but it is not. Is there any other setting also to be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

This is the setting I used and it worked for me. Try unchecking it and test again

Regards

Aaon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Try SPRO>SD>BASIC FUNCTIONS>PARTNER DETERMINATION>SET UP PARTNER DETERMINATION.

From here, select for Sales Order Header, Highlight your Partner Procedure > double click on Partner Functions in Procedure > highlight IN > Double click on partner functions. There's a column (Uniqueness in master data) uncheck it.

Hope this helps.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Aaon