cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancement in cif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am a developer working on enhancements in cif. My requirement is

1) to set some value in planning procedure field in scm product master.

2) based on the value of a field in material master change the allocation procedure field in scm product master.

These are the exits that I have been given

1) exit_/sapapo/saplcif_prod001 ( in Apo)

2) exit_saplcmat_001 ( ecc)

My question is

1) i am not sure if i need to use both exits , i think even if i use one it should suffice. Is there any advantage/disadvantage of updating fields on ecc/apo side ?

2) I tried reading about cif , but I am still not sure about the flow , which transaction starts the data transfer , and moreover which transaction posts the data to the tables on the apo side ? or we don’t have to manually post it on apo side , it automatically updates ? so when I am trying to debug the exit what process do I need to follow starting from ecc to apo ? ( step wise transactions )

3) Has anyone worked on these exits ? if they have any sample code for this please provide it.

I am very weak on apo side please help me out .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You only need to work with EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 for this. The exit on APO side is meant to send info from APO to R/3 typically transaction data related. From your requirement, it looks you need to be concerned about the exit only on R/3 side.

Answers (0)