cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VK12- locking Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VK12 I see that SAP locks a record at the header field level. for e.g i have a Z condition type with two fields price region and material . Both are key fields , price region is a header field and material is a footer field.

Lets say an user goes to VK12 , keys in price region = NA and material = 41802. At the same time if another user tries to change price region = NA and material = 12001 he gets the message that the condition record is locked although he is trying to chnage data for another part. Is there any way we can allow two users to change the same price region, but different materials at the same time?

Regards,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used pricing reports to get around this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you use price reports to prevent locking in VK12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hari,

as per my understand SAP is correct to have a control this way. Because if you allow two users to modify the same master data( in the sense, the selection criteria) at the same time, it does nt make sense.

But to be able to allow more than one user to access the master data eg condition master data in your case, the key fields in the key combination must be different.

This will work.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kishore. But here I am talking about two key combinations.

One user is trying Price region - NA Material - 41801

another is trying Price region NA and material- 1200

Both material and price region are keys , price region is a "header" fild and material is a "footer" field.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since both material and price region are marked as "key" fields,system locks if one of the condition records for a key field is being updated.

In your case if one user is updated condition records for "NA" price region,then other users will not be allowed to updated any condition records for "NA" irrespective of whether it is same material or another material.

Other option is to assign the Price region a "non key" field if that is ok for your requirement.