cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Netweaver 6.40 ABAP on Linux with MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to install SAP Netweaver 6.40 ABAP on a Suse Linux Enterprise Sever with MaxDB. I successfully completed step 1.

Now I tried to install Step 2 to create and initialize a MaxDB database. But then the following problem appeard:

MUT-02044

The following paths expected but not found in the library environment variable (LD_Library_Path) /sapmnt/TU1/exe/.

I looked for this variable but there was no variable called LD_Library_Path. So I switched to tu1adm and there I found this variable. So I copied the variable into the context of root. But it still does not work. Now I used a whole day with searching for an answer but i was not able to find one.

So could anyone please help me?

If you need futher information please do not hestitate to ask!

Regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

as I wrote in my last post I formated my server and started the installation again. And I set the parameter before I started sapinst. Now the setup run through without an error.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried it but it did not work

But I think I did some other mistakes while installing this system, so I decided to install the whole server again. I will start doing this today. I hope this error will not appear again.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I am using the shell on my Linux Server it is Konsole 1.3.1 (Using KDE 3.2.1). I sit next to this server using the keybad and mouse wired with the server.

I am root in this shell.

I attended the case sensitivity of the name. I have started the installation without setting the variable. When the error occured I added the variable to the environment and press "Retry". -> Do you think I should abort the installation set the variable and start it again? I did not try this. I will try this tomorrow morning.

When I log on as user tu1adm the variable is set to:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/TU1/SYS/exe/run:/usr/sap/TU1/SYS/exe/runU

Can you (or someone else) tell me if this is correct? How is the syntax of the content of this variable?

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The variable needs to be set before sapinst is started.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

What shell are you using to set the environment variable? Also, it is case sensetive (i.e. "LD_LIBRARY_PATH"). Is the variable still present right before you start sapinst?

Best Regards,

Matt