cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring RFCs on Remote Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am attempting to convert our CCMS monitoring to a central instance on solman. One of the things we monitor in the PRD system is availability of two RFC destinations.

I am unable to figure out how these can be monitored from solution manager as a central system. When I set these up in solman under availability monitoring, it appears that solman is expecting these RFC destinations to be local to solman, rather than on the PRD system.

How can I get solman to monitor the RFC on PRD? It does not appear that the RFC availability monitoring method allows you to specify which system the RFC resides on.

Thanks much,

Chris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u described the actual situation right! Problem is, that the common RFC Transaction monitoring is an local monitoring Issue! So u only can instrument the monitoring of RFC (with SAP Standardmethod: CCMS_RFCDest_Availability_Col) on the local system. But u can review the information that were created in the managed system in the CEN System.

--> Create a new monitor set and place the MTE's from the managed system as object's in there! Now u have the possibility to monitor that objects!

kr Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your response. I am not sure I know how to get the availability monitor MTE for the RFCs on PRD into our Solman monitor set. I do not see the PRD RFC MTEs in solman.

Thanks,

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok I will try to explain how get to see the MTE's of ur PRD system.

1. TA: RZ20

2. change in maintenance mode (Extras -> Activate Maintenance Mode)

3. now u r able to create a new monitor set. So please do this by clicking on the create button.

3.2 place a describing name and select who should be able to see this set. Click OK and now u will see ur new own monitor set

4. Click one time on that set and click one more time on the create button. Now u will get an list with all monitored Systems, that are connected to the solution Manager. Search in the PRD System the MTE u like to see and save ur new monitor with an discribing name.

5. Hopefully if I'm forgottin' nothin u will see after save and activate ur objects from the managed System in the CEN System.

So if anything is missing feel fre and contact me ...

br Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!.

This worked. I did not know that you could do this from central monitoring.

Best regards,

Chris.

Answers (0)