cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of ALE and SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am working on a project that uses SAP XI as middleware. XI reads flat files , converts them into idocs and posts them to SAP system. The inbound functions are designed to handle one idoc at a time whereas SAP XI is sending all idocs created from a file in one stretch to SAP R/3. So when the inbound function is reached, it processes for first idoc only and exits process. Because the system does not get any status records for other idocs, it rolls back processing of first idoc as well.

I would like to know if there is any way where any settings in SAP XI can cause the idocs to be split into individual ones before they reach the inbound processing.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Dingorkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit-

I haven't faced this issue before but you may want to try the following

1) In partner profile (backend SAP system), set the option 'Process in background' instead of 'Process immediately'.

2) Then, in the backend SAP system, schedule a job which runs program 'RBDAPP01', which will actually post the IDOCs.

Since IDOCs are anyway async. operations, I don't see any benefit of posting the IDOCs immeditely. Infact, for performance reasons, it is suggested to have the IDOCs posted by the background program as it has options for processing the IDOCs in parallel.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks

KK

0 Kudos

Hi,

Two aproaches:

One possibility is to try to split the message in File Adapter, in order to generate n XML messages that correspond to n IDOCS.

Another possibility is to use a BPM in order to split the message. There is a BPM pattern to do this.

Read this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

I have the same problem, I solved it with a BPM, I could not make the split in file adapter.

Good Luck.

Francisco