cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : Date Mapping Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using PowerBuilder system as my Legacy system.

From Powerbuilder I get date in "dd-MMM-yyyy" format.

In XI, in request message mapping, I use date transform function and convert this date to "yyyyMMdd" format and in response message mapping, I use date transform function and convert this date from "yyyyMMdd" format to "dd-MMM-yyyy".

In R/3 my document is getting posted with the correct date that I supply from Powerbuilder. Eg, if I give date as "13-NOV-2007",in SAP document is getting created on the same date.

But, when I get a response in Powerbuilder it shows date 01-NOV-2006, inspite of creating a document with 13-NOV-2007 date in SAP. This is strange.

Only in Powerbuilder I am getting this incorrect date, but in SAP, it is getting posted with the correct date.

Please Help!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>But, when I get a response in Powerbuilder it shows date 01-NOV-2006, inspite of creating a document with 13-NOV-2007

do you mean to say that the format is correct but the actual value is wrong?

if yes,then check the response payload coming from R/3,what value does it has(01-NOV-2006 or 13-NOV-2007).

secondly on the R/3 side check the Proxy or RFC(which ever one you are using).

if your format is correct but value is wrong then it means that the application on R/3 side is producing this wrong value,but if you see correct value coming in XI from R/3 then the mapping is producing wrong value.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check the response message in order to verify what date XI is getting in a response message from target system.

If in the response message(in XI u are not getting the desired date. i.e 13-NOV-2007) it means SAP is not sending currect date to XI (even it is showing correct target system).

If XI has correct date 13-NOV-2007 in the responce message but in the sender system are not getting this means thre is somthing worg in sender side.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I checked at XI side.

In Response Payload it is giving date as 01-NOV-2006 (Format is correct, value is wrong).

Also, in SAP it is getting posted with the desired date, i.e., 13-NOV-2007.

What shall I Do ??

I checked mapping also, it is fine with me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Also, in SAP it is getting posted with the desired date, i.e., 13-NOV-2007.

if its getting posted correctly but you are getting wrong value in response then it clearly means that the application on the R/3 side is not giving the desired value.

check the server proxy or function module(which ever you are using)

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First please check in message monitor what is the date inside response payload. If it's incorrect debug it inside R/3

Regards,

Wojciech