cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for changes on a Equipment Category

Former Member

How I can stop the changes for a single category of equipment? I'd like to block the IE02 transaction for a certain category of equipment leaving the authorization to make changes on the equipments of others categories.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Go to T.Code:SM01 you can lock the T.code. so no one can access untill you Unlock the code. Before doing check with the appropriate person & do.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Pherasath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

but I have to block the access to changes for equipments of a certain category. I have to modify the roles that can make changes on equipment and block the changes for a specific category of equipments and leave the other authorization for equipment as they are

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It can be done in T.Code:PFCG screen assign role give authorization to the user. It need to be done my the BASIS Team. So check with them to do so.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achieve this by using Equipment user status. Define a status profile with the necessary business transactions, then assign the profile to the Equipment category.

Hope it helps,

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the interest,

Could you be more specific, please? I need information about the specific creation of the authorization profile from PFCG that can stop the modifies on the equipment of a certain category and leaves the possibility to change the equipments of another category (from IE02 for example).

Bye,

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally for restricting access to a business transaction requires the following.

1. Create Authorization keys, Tcode-BS52 (this is only required if you want to grant/permit access to some users)

2. Create the user status profile Tcode OIBS, assign the object type "Equipment"

3. Define a user status that prevents business transaction "Change technical object". Assign authorization keys here if needed.

4. Assign the status profile to the equipment category.

5. Assign the authorization key to user role, authorization object B_USERSTAT, if needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I can define a user status that prevents business transaction "Change technical object".? and how I can assign status profile to the equipment category? Can you be more specific, please, I'm not very prepared on authorization profile.

Thanks for the help.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this SAP help on user status.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/28/72369adc56d11195100060b03c6b76/frameset.htm">user status</a> -->Basic setting -->Define user status

You can assign status profile to the equipment category using config "PM and CS>Master data> Technical Objects-->Equipment --> "

Hope it helps,

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I can assign an user status profile to an equipment category, I can authorize only the role I want for making changes on the status of the equipment(using the authorization keys), but my problem is not solved yet.

How can I define a user status that prevents business transaction "Change Technical Object - IE02" for an equipment category tha has my user defined status profile?