cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Visual Composer....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to open Visual Composer in browser, after proper authentication, the browser stuck up at "Loading Visual Composer....", however nothing shows up...it is absolutely blank screen with empty two frames.

Just to give you little background, I have installed it with NW2004s. And also I have added my local domain in trusted zones in IE, however as I have firefox as my default browser, http://localhost:50100/VC/default.jsp always open up in firefox browser, so I don't know if the adding local domain to IE trusted zone would help in firefox.

I will really appreciate any help on this.

And thanking all of you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that Firefox is supported as a design-time environment for Visual Composer 7.0. FOr the CE version, it is definitely not supported for design time (only for runtime).

Did you try to enter the URL in Internet Explorer instead?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for the input,

Just wanted to share that it is working perfectly fine.

It does not work either on Forefox or IE 7. The sequence of events I had undergone,

1) First I uninstalled IE7 to go back to IE 6. However, at this moment, I still had Firefox and I could not make IE6 my default browser after attempting in number of ways.

2) Then I uninstalled Firefox, thinking that if there is just one browser (IE6), then that would be default browser automatically.

3) However, after uninstalling, Firefox, IE 6 started working in 'strange' mode. It would open certain sites and some of the sites (even very general sites like CNN.com etc) would not open. Also, all the urls relating to EP or VC would not work at all. The error "Application Not found" was encountered.

4) Finally, I installed and uninstalled IE 7 again. The only difference was that this time I didn't have Firefox installed at all, After un-installing IE7, whichever IE is left (I think it is IE 6), every thing seems to work like charm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Try this::

After you see the white screen, in the URL of the browser, remove the part of the URL after http://localhost:50100/VC/ and refresh.

This should work.

Thanks

sreeni

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

FireFox is not supported on NW2004s for design time. For runtime it is. Use only IE.

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I tried to make my internet explorer as default (after going to Tool->Internet Option->Prog-->Set the Internet Explorer as default.

However, inspite of that still VC would open in Firefox. Even if I copy and paste the URL for VC in IE, the system would open new windows in Firefox and IE will be just empty.....

I uninstalled the Firefox, and now when I run in IE, the message I get that Application is not found......!!

Another input is that when I installed NW2004s, IE7 and Firefox were already installed. However after NW2004s, installation I uninstall IE 7 (because of some issue in E. Portal) and now I uninstalled Firefox, and I am getting the message "Application Not Found" .......Does it mean that NW2004s keeps references to different type browsers at the time of it's installation. And incase you change the browsers (the way I did), I might have to set/reset/refresh the entries either in config or in Visual Administration.

Any tip/feedback will be highly appreciated.

PS: I re-started the J2EE engine,after I uninstalled browser.