cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No item Cat available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

while going for dp90, I get a message 'no item category available (Table T184 ZDR LEIS SEIN L2W)

error says 'no item category could be determined for the combination ZDR LEIS SEIN L2W.

some ideas on How can I proceed.

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VOV4 and assign your Item category to the combination you highlighted here. This is happens when no aasignment for the combination has been made.

Reward if it works

Regards

SD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

u can proceed with the following process

Goto VOV4 and click on new entries and give the combination

ZDR LEIS SEIN L2W

(SD Document type) (Item Cat Group) (Item Usage) (item Category)

in this combination u can do the configuration and proceed

it will work..

Regards..

Praveen Kumar.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

great help so far. But there's a remainder of an query.

How can I see from R/3 , what is the result expected out of this combination ?

what I mean is

ZDR LEIS SEIN+ L2W = what proposed item category ?

R/3 only tells that 'dp90' transaction can't be carried out because the item category with above combination is not there. Fine!, but what item category is not there.

it can be TAN, it can be TANN, it can be LDV etc etc and a hundred more of such types.

so this part is not clear. I can make any proposed item category for the above combination but that is not logically right. why doesn't R/3 also tell that, with the above combination it's also looking for e.g. XXX

I hope I am making it a little clear.

One more thing only for the records,, since 'dp90' is for billing purposes, the proposed item category should also be in the billing type(be known there). Thus sales order <>copy control<> Billing type. this was just for the records lest anyone else who searches the forum with a similiar issue.

Hope the gurus will come back on this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you take a close look at VOV4.

The fifth colum(Default Item Category) is where you need to specify the item category that you want the system to propose.

ZDR LEIS SEIN+ L2W = what proposed item category ?

In this case the proposed item category would be one mainatined in column 5 against the above combination.

If the column 5 is left blank then system would not propose any item category and you would need to enter it.

If you take a closer look at transaction VTAF,that would give you an idea as to how the sales order item category are mapped to billing document item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yatish Thanks,

but we are not on the same page

the issue is , I saw only these two entries in the system

zdrleissein+blank = l2w

&

Zdrleissein+l2s = l2w

so now it was left to me to make the following combination :-

zdrleissein+L2w= what

of course I chose my intuition here and made it into

zdrleissein+L2w= L2w

all works , (as advised by the forum members) and case is now closed

but this was my 2nd query, why L2W and not 'L2s' or 'xyz'. Just because I got a hint from the 2 entries? I can also leave it blank and make the user fill it up, but the user has no clue what's an item category.and user does not feed in item cat in 'dp90'. user just types in service order no. and -->'enter' and user's happy to see the next screen, so what item cat. was used went through underwater.

but anyway let's all move on and once again a BIG thanks to Samier Danish,sam masker,Dodda Praveen K...who sorted it out.

cheers Guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GOTO VOV4 and assign the combination