cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!!

I want to import data from a CSV-file to an info-cube.

It work´s fine except the date data.

In the CSV-file it´s in this format '22.01.1997'. The destination info boject in the info cube is standard time formatted (DATES length 8).

What should the data format for the date in the dataSource/PSA look like, character 10 or also DATES?

What is then the right transformation to the destination?

Thanks in advance!

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

the target format is YYYYMMDD. You can achieve that via a routine with the following coding:

concatenate <date-field>6(4) <date-field>3(2) <date-field>(2) into result.

or via.

call function 'CONVERSION_EXIT_PDATE_INPUT' ....

kind regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Siegfried!

I already tried this but half of the year is missing

I only get the value '190122'.

Is there a possibility to see which values actualle are loaded to the PSA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

try using the fm for the conversion. It normally takes care about the year. Additionally load your data to psa first. Then open the psa maintenance from the request monitor and check the content of the date field.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better way is to change in the file itself to SAP Date Format 'YYYYMMDD'. In Excel we can achieve this in the cell format. Routines sometimes will effect load performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good hint!

How can I load the data only to the PSA and where can I then open the request monitor?

Best regard,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

in the infopackage, in the 3rd tab, you can set 'update psa only' and after scheduling the request, click on the little monitor in the upper left corner of the gui and you are in the request monitor. Now click on your request and once you see some details of your request on the right side, there is a button available to jump to psa or you can go there via Goto->Data->PSA maintenance

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, I solved the problem!

Answers (0)