Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPADirectoryCacheException 403 Forbidden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!

We have some problems with our CPACache update:

We get the error message:

CPADirectoryCacheException: Couldn't open Directory URL (xxx) due to: HTTP 403: Forbidden.

We have found some notes regarding 401 unauthorized, but no clue what causes the 403 response. Anyone have any brights ideas?

Thanks!

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

check the SAP CSS note :-

<a href="https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=751856">#751586 HTTP 403 during cache refresh of the adapter framework</a>

Regards

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just chek the port no. from the t-code

SMICM>right click anywhere on window-then click on services..

check the HTTP port.

Also go to RWB->Component Monitoring>Integration Engine>click on the Send Message from RWB to IS. ther u can see the pipeline URL.

Port in Pipeline and SMICIM should be same.

Just check it and let us know?

Thanks

Farooq.

*Rewards Points if you find it useful*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!

Thanks for checking in that fast..!

Port in pipeline and SMICM are the same...wish they weren't

Do you have any other suggestions?

In VisualAdmin under the Server -> Services -> SAP XI AF CPA cache there is a URL that I think has something to do with this. Does anyone know the settings in VA for SAP XI AF CPA and if that could pose a problem?

Thanks again.

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try logging on as XIDIRUSER or PIDIRUSER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!

Barry: Do you mean using PIDIRUSER in Visual Admin config under the AF CPA Cache node, or when executing the cache refresh?

We have tried both, but the error message still gives us

CPADirectoryCacheException: Couldn't open Directory URL (XXX) 403 forbidden...

Kenny: I guess you meant note 751856? We have looked at it and it expired with XI3.0 as far as I can see. The configuration in VA is a bit different now, but if it is still valid, we will go through it and see... Do you know?

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Refer to this note

SAP Note - 817920 for XI readiness check.

Hope this note will be useful to you.

you need to use the User PIDIRUSER when executing your Cache refresh.

also check your RFC destination 'INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI' of type H

it should have the path prefix as /dir/CacheRefresh. also do a connection test of this connection

Regards,

KUmar

Message was edited by:

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Jepp, we are using PIRIDUSER and yes, the RFC has /dir/CacheRefresh as path prefix.

The problem is when executing the Cache refresh.

The URL

http://<host>:<port>/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext?method=CacheRefresh&mode=F&consumer=<adapter engine> 

works in a normal browser, but the cache refresh does not have access to this url. It says it is forbidden (HTTP 403), not unauthorized, so it may not be the user, but something else...but I'm not sure ...

During the Readiness check -> "cache connectivity test" from RWB we get

Attempt to fetch cache data from Integration Directory not yet started or still in process

. This is as far as we get before we run into problems...

We have tried a lot to get this working, but are running out of ideas, so any proposal would be a good proposal..

regards Ole

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

yes I did mean note <b>751856</b> which I think is XI.30 specific. I did not know what version you were using when I suggested it.

Can you advise is this a new installation or did you upgrade.

Also is the PIAFUSER specified as the directoryUser in the service

<b>SAP XI AF CPA cache</b>

Regards

Kenny

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

yes, 751856 is XI 3.0 specific, but we are on PI 7.0. Do you think it could be valid for us anyway?

Regards,

Udo (instead of Ole, who is in a boot camp now)

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I don't think the note is applicable to PI 7.0.

Have you tried deploying the latest SAPXITOOLnn_m.sca patch for your PI.70 SP level?

If this component wasn't deployed correctly before then this would resolve the problem. Alternatively you could try redeploying the current XI Tools component.

Did you check that the PIAFUSER is specified as the directoryUser in the service

<b>SAP XI AF CPA cache</b>

Regards

Kenny