cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic clearing of credit note with its billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem during the "release to accounting" of an SD credit note.

The real problem is about the automatic clearing of the credit note with the billing document that it refers.

I have only one clearing criteria in customizing on the field ZUONR (assignment number), and the credit note have the right value (the number of the billing document).

The SD billing document and its FI document have the same number, and the credit note too.

When the credit note is passed to FI (release to accounting automatically), the user wants that it is also cleared.

How can I do it? Can I do it?

Thanks in advance

Alessandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it work now if you run it?

If not you need to run the clearing in test mode and see how it proposes to do the clearing?

Are you saying you have a billing doc for say 100 Euro and a credit for 100 Euro.

Both the credit and the billing doc have the same value in the assignment field and f.13 for account type "D" is just set to clear against ZUONR.

If that is the case it should work, however check for small things like discount being due on the billing document and not the credit note and therefore the net amount of the billing document may be less than the credit note.

Please award points if this is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I don't describe very well my problem.

I'd like to know if exists a way to clear the credit note and the billing document at the same time I release to accounting the credit note.

I don't want to use any transaction: when I save the credit note in SD, the system have to release it to accounting and clearing it with the billing document I have specified in the ZUONR field of the credit note.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you schedule to run the auto clearing program every hour, the credit note wont clear straight away but within an hour.

As standard the creation of a credit note from SD will not and cannot trigger the auto clearing program in Finance.

The two things are very different.

Hope my idea helps in some way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I have already scheduled the automatic clearing every evening.

I'd like to know if there was another way, but I understand that this is the only way.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the only other option you have is to cancel the billing document.

This wont create a credit note but will clear the open items of the billing document automatically.

Please award points if useful...