cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbdatasource bound matrix and form.freeze bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a UDO, with a child talbe attached to it correctly.

I've build a form to handle the UDO and it's child, in a bound matrix, and everything works fine.

There are 2 comboboxes in the matrix. I want to update a combobox upon selecting in the other combobox. it works fine, yet it looks 'silly' since you can see the focus going to the other cobobox and then return to the original combobox. I thought the Form.Freeze would help me, but it doesnt.

It seems that a dbdatasource-bound-matrix will not show it changes made while being in From.Freeze(True) state. And although changes are not show, they are made, meaning you can click the other combobox and see that the selected value is the one you programmatically selected, but the value inside the box remains as it was before evoking From.Freeze(True).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

I guess in your scenario, you haven't reverted the freeze functionality. Please check the order if its correct.

First u should freeze the form as oForm.Freeze(True)

Then do the functionality

Then, u should close the freeze functionality as oForm.Freeze(False) and then, oForm.Update()

Please check if the last line has been incorporated.

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Till now, I only tried From.Refresh() after Form.Freeze(False), and that doesn't work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

I have created a UDForm for a UDO (Document) with a Matrix for the child table. I am able to Add the Header with the Child Lines into the DB. My Problem is that when I need to Update the Document, i call it up, and all the data is shown. I call "Matrix.AddRow()" and it DUPLICATES the Last line from the matrix into the new row. So I delete the Duplicated Item Code and retype the new added Item Code and relevent columns. When I click on "UPDATE" the system says that....

"This Entry Already Exists in the Following Tables " @EB.........

I've been searching the forum for posible answers and I cam across your posting saying that you were successfull in achieving what I am battling with.

Could you please help me with this issue.

I've posted a new Thread as follows.....

[;