cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status Profiles - Add new status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We're working in cProjects 4.0, and we want to customize the status profile for some objects in the project, trying to add a new status "in evaluation" between standard status "release" and "completed".

It is very important that you <b>cannot change to this status unless the item is released</b>. And we want to define that you can come back to the status only from defined statuses.

We tried to define that under customizing point "Create/Change User Status Profile" but we don't get to have the discrimination criteria just mentioned above.

Any help/hints on this?

Thanks in advance!!

Kind Regards,

Isabel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isabella,

You should be able to set the restrictions on the user status by double clicking on them and choosing the create new entries button on the succeding screen to add the restrictions for the system status/Business transactions.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan,

First of all, thanks for your fast reply.

Anyway, in the screen you just mentioned I can define that when you release the task the status is set, but what I need is that my user defined status <b>becomes available</b>, or not to be available depending on the system status.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need further explanation on this issue.

Kind regards,

Isabel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Isabell

In your case, create a user status as "preliminary status" which shall be activated once the project is created. Create another status as " in evaluation" which shall be controlled as and when u release the phase/task.(for each business process u can maintain the "next action")

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thank you for your answer. Anyway, I still cannot control through those parameters my user status according to my system status.

If I use the next status buttons, I get to set automatically my user status when the phase is released but that is not what I need. We need to set that <b>only when the phase is released i can set my user status</b>.

If the system status profile is: Created - Released - Completed, I need to have something like: Created/Initial - <b>Released/Initial - Released/In Evaluation</b> - Completed/In Evaluation.

Any idea?

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,

Isabel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isabel,

You should be able to accomplish this by setting them as below. You could set up the influence like the below

Created /initial - System status REL Disallowed

Released/Initial - System status Completed Disallowed

Released /inEvaluation - System status Completed Disallowed

Completed /InEvaluation - System status Completed allowed or No restriction

and set the Next action to No action.

By setting them as above When you are in create system status, you can only have the created/Initial User status active. In order to release the object the user will have to propogate to the Released /initial user status .

After the system status Release has been set, depending on the completion of your activity you can set the released/inevaluation user status.Only after you set this status can set the system status to complete.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Narasimhan, that was my first approach. The thing is that we have have to disallow Status<b> "in evaluation"</b> while the phase is not released...

Any hint?

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Isabel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isabell,

A couple of options that i could think of ..(You may have already thought these..)

1) In the business transaction for Cprojects, check whether "CREATED" status is available,If so you should be able to use that for the negative checks.

2) You could either create a Intermediate user status which would allow the RELEASE system status to be set manually before "In evaluation" status or have a event listener associated to a task for this user status, which would automatically trigger a release of the C-Project.

3) Check if there are any user exists that are avalable on save of the obejct to do some additional validation.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

So I guess there is no way to do that through standard customizing... Business transaction "created" does not exists, the problem is there is no way of disallowing the use of a user status depending on certain conditions.

If anyone has any thought about it, any idea is appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Isabel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Isabell

u can disallow the use of a user status depending on authorizations.

checkit out with that option

Regards

Murali