Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change field label length of R/3 source from medium to long

RolfC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in my webdynpro application with adaptive RFC Model the generated simple types (model) get the fieldlabel information from MEDIUM field label of R/3 data element.

Is it possible to change the model generation get the LONG field label of backend data element?

Thanks in advance

Carsten Rolf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ralf_geiger
Explorer

Hi Rolf,

you can change it within the layout editior of your view by clicking on the corresponding label (e.g. LABEL_FOR_FIELD_1) and then click on the binding for the 'text' property. There you can define the Context attribute to be bound and the Type (Medium, Long,...) manually.

Regards,

Ralf

RolfC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

thanks for your answer. I'm using Web Dynpro Java with NW04 SP12 and can not find the type selection. Must I build this context element with content for the fieldlabel by myself?

The model generation created a simple type representation with attribute field label. This field label attribute got its content from medium field label of the corresponding R/3 data element. If i have an input field FIELDA of this simple type, the corresponding label gets its text automatically when I set the 'labelFor' property to FIELDA.

Regards,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carsten,

There are only 2 options:

1. Set label text / column header text directly (corresponding UI controls has necessary properties, that was suggested in previous post)

2. Use the following code:

final ISimpleTypeModifiable stype =
 wdContext.nodeYourRfcNode().getNodeInfo()
   .getAttribute("YourModelClassProperty")
     .getModifiableSimpleType();

stype.setFieldLabel( "My text" );
/* or */
stype.setFieldLabel( stype.getQuickInfo() );

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.netweaverteam.com/

ralf_geiger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

(sorry for the wrong greetings in my last post

I was worried about that you are using Web Dynpro Java and that it is not fully comparable from the context building perspective to the Web Dynpro ABAP.

I am sorry but I do not have any experience with the WD Java.

I just can tell you how it works in the ABAP environment. There you need to create the content ( for ABAP the property 'text' ) binding for the field label explicitly if you want to use other field labels (Default is medium as well in ABAP).

Hope this will help you a bit.

Regards,

Ralf

Answers (0)