Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing a Batch Input or Call Transaction program for transaction code MMAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm writing a Batch Input or Call Transaction program for transaction code MMAM (Changing Material Type). The program was able to run but somehow I was not able to capture the log of the output after running MMAM. The log was not part of the SY-MESSAGE so adding in MESSTAB into call transaction doesn't help while BDC session logs shows only the transaction was processed.

Anyone has encounter such problems before?

Regards,

Ramu.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Overview of Batch Input Session

The first batch input method is to create a batch input session. It is the processing of this batch input session that updates the database, not the execution of the batch input program. i am giving you example for Change Vendor you practice for ur tcode

For our example, we will use the “Change Vendor” transaction (“FK02”) to add a street address to an already existing vendor.

Step #1

Use “SystemStatus” menu path to determine online program name (SAPMF02K), screen number (0110)

Step #2

Use “F1” key and “Technical Info” pushbutton in each screen field to be filled to determine the field name.

Step #3

Determine how to proceed in the transaction

(save the record by clicking on the ‘Save’ pushbutton or pressing the ‘F11’ key).

The process flow of CALL TRANSACTION

A program that uses CALL TRANSACTION USING to process legacy data should execute thefollowing steps:

Prepare a BDCDATA structure for the transaction that you wish to run.

Prepare a internal table to store error messages Tab_Mess like structure of BDCMSGCOLL.

With a CALL TRANSACTION USING statement, call the transaction and prepare the BDCDATA structure. For example:

CALL TRANSACTION ‘MM01' USING BDCDATA MODE 'A' UPDATE 'S'. MESSAGES INTO TAB_MESS.

IF SY-SUBRC <> 0.

<Error_handling>.

ENDIF.

Overview of Batch Input Session

The first batch input method is to create a batch input session. It is the processing of this batch input session that updates the database, not the execution of the batch input program

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen this sort of thing before. If it says that the transaction was processed and there weren't any error messages, then you're probably OK. But you will want to check the material types just to make sure.

Rob