cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit for Relationship Characteristic in IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

Can anyone help me with the relationship characteristics?

I’m using IP and I have already the FM for the derivation, creation and check.

According with the manual, the best way is to copy the class interface CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE and assign the FM to the new one.

In the CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BASE I notice that there already are the methods for Check, Derivate and Create.

Can anyone tell me how to assign the FM to each one of these methods?

Note that my ABAP knowledge is very low.

Thanks in advance;

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you already have these FM codes, I think the best would be to copy these codes to the said methods in the copied class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using CL_RSPLFC_BPS_EXITS. Also there is a How to.. Create a Planning Function in BI Integrated Planning that calls BPS Exits..

Your comments..

J

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

The goal of this Project is to upgrade from BPS to IP.

The planning is made by year (0FISYEAR).

But in BPS there is the derivation using Exit from 0FISCYEAR to 0FISCPER and 0FISCPER3 using the standard FM that I mentioned.

I’m trying to implement the same logic to IP.

The problem is that the parameters from the standard class object are not the same that the standard FM.

Hopes this explanation helps you understand the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Why can't you read your exiting BPS FM from the SAP standard exit class ? There is a "How-To..." on this....

Comments ?

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For BI time characterisitcs, the characteristic relationships provided with the system are ALWAYS active. We cannot see this in the list of characteristic relationships and also we CANNOT deactivatee them either.

If the realtime cube contains time characteristics ( 0FISCPER , 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR), the system uses these relationships between target characterisitcs, as well as other relationships, for checking combinations or for derivation.

In summary, I don't think you need to maintain this characteristic relations in IP explicitly.

Regards

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

I thought I already made your point very clear in my previous replies regarding the automatic derivation of Time Char Relationships. You are saying the same thing.

Assuming that Ricardo has some specific FM developed in BPS and wants to continue to use it in IP, there is a way to call these BPS FM using Exit class. I haven't read any reply from him on this.

Lets make this forum a valuable and useful one.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again;

The problem is when try to assign the CREATE and DERIVE.

In the CHECK, all the parameters that are in the object class are in the standard FM.

The same doesn’t apply for the CREATE and DERIVE.

For CREATE in the object class we have:

EXPORTING

I_area = n_area

Ito_cha = n_to_cha

Ito_chasel = lt_bps_range.

IMPORTING

Eth_chas = e_th_chas

Et_mesg = lt_mesg

And the FM CREATE

IMPORTING

I_area = n_area

Ito_cha = n_to_cha

Ito_chasel = lt_bps_range.

EXPORTING

Eth_chas = e_th_chas

The line assign et_mesg isn’t there!

The same thing appends with DERIVE.

Can anyone help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I didn't quite understand your requirement. Are you trying to derive 0FISCPER & 0FISCPER3 from 0FISCYEAR. How can you do that ? Unless there is one more char missing in your message.

The following CharRel are already done automatically derived as long as they are in the cube (you don't have to maintain any relationship separately) :

1) 0FISCPER + 0FISCVARNT => 0FISCPER3

2) 0FISCPER + 0FISCVARNT => 0FISCYEAR

3) 0FISCYEAR + 0FISCVARNT + 0FISCPER3 => 0FISCPER.

Did you try nesting the CharRel ?

Let us know.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u explain your business requirement in more detail.

If you are trying to compare the FM with the Interface methods, the Import and Export parameters need not match exactly.

"The line assign et_mesg isn’t there" -- et_mesg is a Message Table. ie: It is a Standard Table of type "tn_s_mesg" which has the foll types definition:

types:

BEGIN OF tn_s_mesg,

msgid TYPE symsgid,

msgty TYPE symsgty,

msgno TYPE symsgno,

msgv1 TYPE symsgv,

msgv2 TYPE symsgv,

msgv3 TYPE symsgv,

msgv4 TYPE symsgv,

__rec TYPE i,

END OF tn_s_mesg .

Based on your requirement you can display messages to the user.

Eg:

IF <fsl_any> = '2007004'.

e_noinput = rs_c_true.

et_mesg = 'Data Locked'.

ENDIF.

Rgds

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

This “How To” is very useful for other questions, but my goal is to fill the 0FISCPER and 0FISCPER3 based on the 0FISCYEAR and I’m not sure if these steps are going to fill this purpose.

In BPS we use the standard FMs upb_time_exit_fisc_derive, UPB_TIME_EXIT_FISC_CREATE and UPB_TIME_EXIT_FISC_CHECK to do that derivation.

Can anyone help me with the code for these three methods in order to assign these FM to the CL_RSPLS_CR_EXIT_BPS object type?

Note: my know-how in abap is very limited.

Thanks in advance;

Ricardo