cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company codes and controlling areas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i need some clarification on this topics.

for ex:ours is a service consulting company. i have to prepare blue print with 5 cocodes.But the thing is we have cocodes in three different countries.italy(3 cocodes),russia(1 cocode) and france(1 code).so the chart of accounts are different to each other.so i need to took 3 controlling areas.right?and i have to use the funds management area also for these 5 cocodes.later i need to consolidate at cocode level.

one more thing france will be the central point fr all.Means they want regulate allthe things from france.how can we do that?

how can we design this issue in a beeter manner.i am looking for best one.

your help will be appriciate with points.

if you have any blue print template with this model,please send to suitor999@yahoo.com.

thanks in advance

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Suresh,

you can set up the same chart of account for each company code (and three country chart of account as alternative for the different countries), so you can have one single controlling area for each company code.

ec

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKING YOU VERY MUCH GUYZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

When you create a G/L account it is possible to fill in the field Alternative account number (see the help).

When you want you can assign this to the countries own chart of account and report on this.

In this case I advise you to use one chart of accounts and use Alternative account number for reporting by country.

Now it is possible to use one controling area. This is use-full when you want to make total reports over the company codes.

In controlling you store document currency, company currency and controlling area currency. It is possible to use paralel currencies.

When you are doing settlement to an other companie code's it will create an inter company posting. But it is possible with the exchange rates that you have results you don't want

Paul

Alternative account number in company code

The alternative account number field in the company code area is freely definable. You could use it to enter:

the account number from your legacy system or

the account number from a country chart of accounts if your corporate group uses a standard chart of accounts.

The alternative account number is only issued in the financial statement if you explicitly assign it to the relevant items in the financial statement version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paul,

COA fr italy and spain are different.So we have to use two controlling areas.am i right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Even if you company is operating in more than one country it is not nessesary to create more than one Controlling area since you can assign alll you compnay codes to single controlling area. Nust while setting up the controlling area you have to select group currency as your controlling area currency.

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JS,

ok we can use same controlling area.

what about Chart of accounts?each country had their own legal formalities.so we can use the same chart of accounts na?

please reply me as soon as possible.

thanks...your reply will be rewards with points..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

In case of Chart of account You have to use diff COA country wise because of the leagal requirement. You can use the fuctionality of Group chart of account or country chart of account.

JS