cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configration of DMS with PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have to configure DMS (Document Mangement System) with the function location(PM)..

Can any one send the complete documention related to this on my id.

hitesh.kumar@prospectasoftware.com

friendhitesh@gmail.com

Thanxs in advance.

Hitesh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To grant that allways the currenct screens and authorizations were

called please maintain also the value "1" into the "Authorization"

column. For further informations on this maintainance please see the

attached note 375452. It's important that you not enter the mentioned

screen number wihtout the leading "1" as this number is added

automatically by the system (e.g. object MARA 1201 maintain like MARA

201). You can do this in customizing under:

Transaction SPRO

> Cross-Application-Component

> Document Management

> Control Data

> Define screen for object links

If you need the dynpro number or object you will find all standard SAP

objects and their screen number in function module CV130 (Screens) by

transaction SE80. Please maintain all necessary SAP objects.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for usefull answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

What I inderstood from your query is that you want to create a Document and link into FL using DMS.

Pre-Requisites:

1. Create a Document Characteristics using TCode: CT04 and maintain the values in Value Tab as per your requirement say for e.g. 01 - CAD Drawing, 02 - Operation & Maintenance Manual, 03 - Digital Photograph, 04 - P&I Diagram etc.

2. Create a Document Class using TCode: CL02 for Class Type: 017 Document Management. Assign the Document Characteristics created earlier to the class.

3. Now in configuration side Create Document Type (if needed for your requirement for your plant specific needs instead of using the standard document types) using SPRO Menu Path: IMG > Cross Application Component > Document Management > Control Data > Define Document Types. Here while creating the new document type you need to maintain the Document Class created earlier.

Create a Document:

1. Create a Document using CV01N. Assign the Document Type (if created by you as per your requirement or use the standard existing document type)

2. In Document Data Tab, you can maintain document short description and Document Status: Released. Assign the Original Document like Word file, HTM file, CAD drawings etc. based on application type and upload from the path where your file is stored in the local or remote system.

3. Now you can link the Document to Functional Loc./ Equipment / Material / BOM etc. in the Objects Link Tab.

I hope your query is clarified. Please let me know if you have doubts with this.

Rgds,

Sudharsan

EmailID: sudharsan.rect@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will you please elaborate your requirement?

Do you just want to link DMS to Functional location?

Regards,

Laxminarasimha