cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where i have to take data data from a Relational Database system which is the sender and invoke a BAPI in the receiver system.So how do i get the JDBC adapter to read only entries in DB that has been newly created and not the ones that has been read earlier?

Thanks and Regards,

Jishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have a flag column for processed records, that way you can only select newly created records.

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But how do i set the flags so that the adapter checks it accordingly?

Regards,

Jishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Set the polling interval set in the sender JDBC adapter

2.Write you query in the Sender JDBC adapter.

Refer to this thread " JDBC Sender Update Query "

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Message was edited by: siva maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the JDBC adapter set the "Query SQL Statement" field to "SELECT * FROM table WHERE flag=0". In the "Update SQL Statemnt" field set the query as "UPDATE table SET flag=1"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to contribute one further question regarding this issue: What to do if the polling intervall is smaller thant the time required to process one message (including JDBC Query and message processing). I get duplicate entries in the passed messages even though the serialization level of the JDBC adapter is set to serializable?

Kind regards,

Heiko

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to have some sort of flag set in the DB table so that everytime the Sender Adapter reads the data, it updates the flag accordingly.

I kidnly request you to go through <b>community etiquette</b> blog by Mark. /people/mark.finnern/blog/2004/08/10/spread-the-love

This is regarding awarding the people who have replied to you query wiht points. I have seen a couple of queries posted by you, but still are not closed the threads, though the replies were very helpful. ( as i have found).

Cheers,

Svia Maranani.

Message was edited by: siva maranani