cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI settings, change of Data Types and XI still maps old structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined XI scenario, where synchronous WebService is being called, and XI calls RFC function module, which returns data. It was working perfectly, until

I have changed the order of few fields in Data Type and added a few new (exactly as the changes in RFC function module).

And now the WebService returns exception, on the first field added to the interface:

<Trace level="1" type="T">com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Cannot produce target element /ns1:MT_BMS_Response/CUSTOMERS_PERSON/TITLE. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd at

TITLE is added field.

I have reactivated everything one by one again, clear cache from Integration Builder and Integration Directory, but it does not help and still old structures are being used in XI.

I have tested the Interface Mapping and all fields are transformed correctly.

Please help as it comes a little urgent and I have run out of ideas what to do to refresh the customizing of data types?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

perform these checks;

1. have you used the changed structure in your mapping and interface mapping?

2. Activated everything?

If so,

try the following;

SXI_CACHE -> Complete cache refresh

or

SE38

run the report

SAI_CACHE_REFRESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I have used and adopted new structures in Message Mapping and Interface Mapping

2. I have activated everything.

I cleared cache as you wrote. I will know in a few minutes if it works now

Thank you.

Message was edited by:

Wojciech Walczak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

clearing cache did not help. What can be the reason to use old structures in XI?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it has to be the cache.

Try to make a change and activate the objects once again. then try clearing the cache.

in SXI_CACHE what is the cache status ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Cache contents are up-to-date.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech - back to basisc

Do you still get the error?

Are you sure your mapping is correct? This error occurs, when the target node is mandatory (occurence 1..n), but there is no source value to be mapped.

Did u try "Display Queue" feature of mapping test?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, the mapics is a 100% correct. It is 0..unbounded in tables and rows with 1 occurence. It is everything exactly the same as in older version of data type, I just added a few fields and changed the order.

In message monitoring the returned XML structures are still old ones! This is the problem I suppose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wojciech, so your target is RFC, right? I suppose, you map SOAP Request to RFC right?

And then you have changed the target RFC (added field) and it is still using old RFC, right?

And finally: do you get MAPPING error or just not correct target message? I mean - is there exception thrown or you get old XML target document? Or there is an error, because your new changes didn't take effect?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes, I am calling RFC function module from XI.

After I changed the interface of RFC in SAP, I have imported this RFC once more to XI in Integration Builder and new structures appeared.

And exception returned is that first new field added to the RFC and Data Type and so on, returns an exception.

And returned XML structures (in message monitoring) appears to be still old structures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wojciech, I don't get this: you say, you get an exception and then you say, you get old document...

If you get target document (after mapping) there can't be an exception and if tehre's mapping exception, you can't get target document...

So, how is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is strange, the WebService returns an XML with exception description that mapping caused an exception, but in Message Monitoring I can see the XML generated as it was in old structures (less fields).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wojciech,

if u have synchronous scenario, there are 2 messages - request and response (and fault message optionally).

Now the question is, if the mapping error is from REQUEST mapping, or RESPONSE mapping...

Check ur SXMB MONI and copy the request message to IR message mapping test and start mapping.. Is it successful? Do the same with the RESPONSE message.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the whole customizing once again.

Now I get error message :

What is wrong then?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wojciech - this means, that you have no receiver determination for the sender system / interface.

Go to SXMB moni and check there, which system is sender and receiver for the message. Then check your receiver determination, if this is REALLY created for this system, interface (including namespace(!))

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the length of Source & Target (TITLE) fileds if they are fixed Coz if it is fixed and you try to pass the length more than the length of target field then it will throgh an exception.

regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to check length then?

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check lenght in data type.

check your message type is it poining to correct data type and namespace is correct.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Length is ok, message type is pointing to correct data type. Namespace is also correct.

Please check the screenshots:

<a href="http://www.wwalczak.net/XI/">Screen shots of customizing</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In which place can I check length of data type? Please look at screen shot:

<a href="http://www.wwalczak.net/XI/datatype.JPG">Screen</a>

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it's the deatils column after occurances... maxlenght = 10 for partner and so on...

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it is the same in length.

Strange is that in XML message monitoring the exception throws on the first new field.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more trick u can try..

try to find your changed version of data type open it and activate it.

/people/robin.schroeder/blog/2006/11/21/receive-deleted-xi-objects

Sachin