cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am importing excisable items using dtw.For this I have added a cloumn Excesible in the csv file i.e user defined field.I want to link this user defined field to Excesible using FMS.But I have no idea of fms.How to use fms for linking with udf ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you clarify your question?

It sounds like you just want to import the value of your Excisable column from your csv file into a UDF using the DTW. To do that, just map the Excisible column to the UDF, e.g. mark the column as U_EXCISE.

I do not understand what you want your FMS to do.

Regards,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Douglas,

I want to import the value of Excisable column from csv file.For this I have created a user defined field U_EXCISE in items table.Then I have added a column excesible in the csv file.But I am not able to map the excisible column to udf.I can not access U_EXCISE in the source and target.

For more details refer to my previous forum.

Regards,

Dilip Kumbhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it by one of two ways.

The simplest way is to mark the first cell of the column in your csv file as U_EXCISE, which should automatically map to the UDF of the same name in the DTW.

Alternatively, you can maually map it in the DTW. When you get to step 3, you should see your U_EXCISE column under Source Fields on the Map tab. You should be able to click in the corresponding cell under Target Fields and select U_EXCISE from the dropdown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Douglas,

I have imported the items as per the first option.But the item is not updated.It gives me error as -

Method '~' of object failed65171.

I have declared the udp as alphanumeric(10).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless someone else can recognise the error, I think that you will have to run some tests to try to work out why the DTW does not like your U_EXCISE column.

You might already have tried this, but what I would do would be to use the DTW to update a single Item record, say to change the ItemName, which should work OK.

Then

- manually set the UDF inside B1 to a value, say Y.

- try to import your single record with blank in U_EXCISE

- try to import your single record with the value that you manually entered in U_EXCISE.

Sorry I can't be more help, but the DTW often throws out strange errors in my experience.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dilip,

I know you have tried a few options. But if I could suggest you this option to try.

If it just a Yes / No you are trying to import to the U_EXCISE field, you could actually put the Yes/No value in your template in the SWW columns which will get mapped to the Additional Idenfier field in the General Tab of Item Master.

Or you could use Properties and set one of them to tYes.

If you wish you can continue to keep the Value in these fields and Update the U_Excise using SQL with the Value in SWW.

Suda