cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM fields and tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MDM i want to import data in such a way that: if in Data manager , i select a country eg. India then it will show the states in states from India only and not states of other countries.(whiich are in the data sheet which is to be imported).after that the cities will popukate in city field accordingly.please reply asap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

There are several ways of designing a repository but these can be efficiently realised in 2 ways.

I agree with ganesh on his suggestion but even their is a better work around

<b>Type1</b>

U can have states as a multivalued qualifier and proceed the way ganesh have advised.

<b>Type2:</b>

U can make use of nested lookups even .

<u>step1:</u>

What u need to do is make country as a <i>lookup[flat]</i> in the main table and can have country and state inside them.

<u>step2:</u>

declare state as another <i>lookup[flat]</i> insidecountry look up table.

<i>step3:</i>

Inside state have city as another <i>lookup[flat].</i>

<i>step4:</i>

while importing start with the lowest lookup and then proceed a level up.

after importing the records in the data manger go for the table country u can find 3 drop downs and for a particular country u fill find the valid set of states and cities and u can view them.Lookup[Flat] are suggested because they are used when the values are a valid set and search can be made faster.

Please reward points if u find thes blog helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Deepankar Pandit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Define a Qualified table and Country as Non Qualifier and define States as Qualifier - Multivalued Flat lookups. Store States in Flat lookups. States should be loaded with a separator (Comma or Semi colon).When you load the data you can see states only to the country.

2nd option

=======

Instead of Multivalued Flat lookups ,you can also define Multivalued Text block.

I prefer option 1 will be better.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti