cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get an alert when I file does not exisit in CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have a FILE SYSTEM (NFS) communication channel which should read a file from a drive and do content conversion. If the file exists, the process will be completed just fine. However, if no file found, no errors will appear, and the log will show:

11/13/07 10:06:19 AM Polling interval started. Length: 60000.0 seconds

11/13/07 10:06:19 AM Processing finished successfully

11/13/07 10:06:19 AM Processing started

Is there a way to raise an exception or setup an alert in case my communication channel didn't find the file?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u dont have any file in the source directory then how can u see the sucess message in the RWB.When u have to triger an Alert if u have any error.How u declear the Alert catagory.all depends on trigerring an Alert.

If u dont have any file then u ahve to trigger an Alert i dont think any client will require this reqiurement.

if the source directory is wrong or if u have any probelm with mapping or if ur adapter fails then alos u can triiger Alert.

U cant find this type thread in SDN tooo.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanki,

thanking for your comments, but it is a very valid requirement, imagine the following scenario,

A daily file-to-IDOC interface is reading a file generated by a legacy application and you want to alert the legacy team if there application didn't generate the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. When the file is not found, XI does not report it as an error and alert messages can be raised only if there is an error. So you will not find any blogs adressing this.

You can try this. Configure the third party application to write an empty file (if there is no valid data to be written) and <b>XI can read a zero length file</b>. You can then raise an alert from the mapping step or use conditional receiver determination to send a mail directly.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about raising an Alert if file does not exist, because XI will try to poll the file and it will not considered an Error if file is not present....

You can design the BPM and in tat u can chek the soure message fileds if that fileds (that has to come/mendatory) then process the interface else throw an Alert...seems out of your requirement but it will give what u want:)

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

This is very helpful tip. Thank you, However, I don't have much control over the third party application . So I am trying to do it from XI.

anyway thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baheej,

You can try this.

Have a BPM. A call from proxy(this trigger can be any thing else) starts the BPM before the File adapter starts its polling. The next step would be a receive step that receives the file as input. Surround this with a dead line branch (set an appropriate dead line) and if the file does not arrive with in the specified dead line, you can throw an alert using container operation and stop the process.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai/Farooq

BPM idea solved my problem,

Will see how it fits when it goes to production next week

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baheej,

I have not tried this scenario myself. Looking forward to hear how it behaves in real time from you.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did search in the forum and blog but didn't find any clue. I hope someone could help in here.

Thank you