cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does LO extraction (not init) require users to be locked out of making changes in R/3?

Can the extraction eb run multiple times during a day without issues?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi will,

when you load the set-up tables for LO extractors, SAP suggest that you carry out this activity when there are least number of users available on system. so usually we carry out fill-up process AFTER end of business day and/or weekends.

regards,

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not talking about the set-up. I'm just talking about normal daily delta extraction. Is there any need for downtime? What happens to orders that are editing during the daily loads?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, only for Setup table and initialization it is recommended to have downtime, but for normal delta loads you don't need any downtime and you can do it any time. It is still recommended to do the load when there is less users on the system so that you don't clog the system with additional work (use up system resource) while users are running some report, so that users don't get slow in reporting response.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any official documents that confirm this? I need to prove to my boss and managers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Users need not be locked during LO extraction.

There are no limitations in extracting the load multiple times.