cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete entire data in the hierarchy table,?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

i need to delete entire data in the hierarchy table which contains parent child relationship,when i am selecting entire records and choose the option delete from the context menu, it is not deleting, and i have to delete one by one or i have delete first the child items and later parents items, it is time consuming process.

Is there any other option to delete entire records in the hierachy table , irrespective of parent and child relationship?

if any one have solution for my issue, please provide to me

thanks in advance

bharat.chinthapatla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,deleting table after unloading is not feasible .to delete records in hierarchy u have to go manually but it can made easy wrk if u go in record mode select the hierarchy table and then delete all the lowest child data in one time then go fr its just parent data delete it in one shot then go fr one level up and delete that all like this u can do deleting all data of one level once then go fr upper level .in thuis way ur wrk will be easy a littile bit and not like deleting one by one field.best of luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Unload the Repository and Delete the Table and fields in Hierarchy table and Recreate and reload the data.OIther wise you have to lot of manual work.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

you give me a good idea, to come out of my problem.

Thank you

bharat.chinthapatla

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

deleting and recreating the table/field will change the internal field IDs. Those are used within import and syndication maps, meaning: if you do this, you will invalidate your existing maps (if you've created any). You should keep this in mind.

BR Michael