cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Frame for the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Home -> Top News i used <b>SAP Demo news</b> to display the content on news ivew. I want to display news content for the specific duration for which i already enabled <b>Time Stamp</b> option for <b>News</b> Folder under Content Manangement. I event set the validity day and time for the document but still the content is appearing on the news iview even validity time expires.

I also made the Document in <b>read only</b> mode.

Please Help me on this.

Thanks and Regards

Parth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member388485
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

You need more than one user for this scenario:

One user as the creator of the documents with write permissions on the folder,

and one user as the reader of the documents with only read permissions.

To make a user "read_only" you have to set the right permissions for the user. You can do it on the document level or on the folder level. just goto the details screen of the resource, from the menu click <i>Settings -> Permissions</i>. here you can add the required user (if its not there already) and set only READ permission for him.

Best regards,

Avishai Zamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zamir,

As mentioned by u i created new user and made assigned permission read_only to that user. But still when i login with new user i still able to see the content which should not be appering for him.

In LifeTime Tab i m giving inputs like:

valid from : 11/13/2007 11:10:24

valid until : 11/13/2007 11:40:24

Please help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the coordination Zamir.. I got the solution basically in permission tab i was getting <b>everyone</b> user along with my 2 users. when i made that <b>everyone</b> user permission <b>read_only</b> it worked.

But if i go and check in UserAdministration regarding user <b>Everyone</b> it doesnot show anything.Could you please clear me on this??

and Let me know is there any other option because everytime we cant keep on changing permission for each user.

Regards

Parth

former_member388485
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

Everyone is a built-in group that contains all the users. you can see it in the Identity Management if you pick Group from the Select Criteria.

Some basic reading:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/81/0e0f61b566dc44bbb4055b3ccd25be/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/81/0e0f61b566dc44bbb4055b3ccd25be/frameset.htm</a>

Let me see if I understand,

You want everybody to be able to create a news item but then you want the items to disappear after a certain time? This is a bit tricky since you want users who created the item to have only read permission on it. you will probably have to implement a custom repository service for that. This reqiuers coding. let me know if that is what you want.

If you want a scenario where some users create items and the rest only read them, adjust the permissions on the folder level: assign write permissions to the item creators and read permissions to everybody else.

Best regards,

Avishai Zamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Avishai,

Sorry for the dealy in replying back...

Some strange thing happening when i change the validation period it use to show me content after the time get expired sometimes it works... confused any thing can be done.

"If you want a scenario where some users create items and the rest only read them....." You are absolutly right that i want to do..

I will surely award u a points...

Regards

Parth

Hi zamir,

HOw to award u a points... I m not getting the option.

Message was edited by:

Parth

former_member388485
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

For the news creators you can create a group called for example <i>News Editors</i>.

Add to this group the users you want to be able to edit news.

Let's say the folder the news items are kept in is the default /document/News.

Go inside the details screen of the News folder. click permissions, assign the group <i>Everyone</i> Read permissions, assign the group <i>News Editor</i> Full Control permissions, and remove all other entries from the table.

Now only the users belong to the News Editors group can create news, and all other users can read news. If an item is outside the validity term, nobody except

the News Editors will see it.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/12c49eb27011d5993800508b6b8b11/frameset.htm">Permissions in KM Repositories</a>

Best regards,

Avishai Zamir

former_member388485
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

The fact that you made it read only doesn't matter.

If EP1 has write permission (which he does since he is the creator), he will always see the document even if its outside of the validity period.

Best regards,

Avishai Zamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

ohhh is it!!!!!!

Could you please help me out how to make user Read_only.

former_member388485
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have write permission on the document?

Because during the validity period, documents are visible to all users with read permission. Outside of the validity period, documents are visible only to users with write permission.

Try and look at the iview with a user that has only read permissions.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e8/a9a76828b8dc469969ff450ec81ced/frameset.htm">Set Up Time-Dependent Publishing</a>

Best regards,

Avishai Zamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zamir,

Thanks for quick response. I have only one user <b>EP1</b>currently. i have created the document with user <b>ep1</b> and then in Content Management

->news->doc1->settings->properties->system->checked the Read-only option for that document(doc1) which is displayed in news iview.

But when i login with same user name <b>EP1</b> it shows me content whereas i made it read only as mention above.

Regards

Parth

Or you can help me out how to make read only permission for the user EP1 currenly i got full rights.

Message was edited by: Parth

Parth