cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Internal Number Ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a good solution for <u><b>internal number ranges generation</b></u> in MDM, I haven't find any solution for this number ranges in any of SAP MDM ref. guides and any other SAP standard documentation.

Business requirement:

1)Based on Account Group we have different internal number ranges for Business Partner.

2)Once the user select a Acct. Grp for Business Partner in MDM corresponding <u>sequential number range</u> should generate and assign to that BP.

3) the solution should work in both Data manager and in Portal.

Appreciate all valid suggestions and helpful answers.

Thanks,

Pooja Varma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Even I have a similar demand.What I have done is I have made vendor no as calculated field with expression like

IF(Accountgroup.code="KRED",ID5000000,IF(Accountgroup.code="REIS",ID200000)

I have also taken care of upper limit of number range by putting validation and it is working fine but the problem is with using auto id and it can be only 1 in a table.

I have poated my problem with detail as a thread.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

The method which you are using looks good. Could you please send your contact number on my mail id. rohits_sap@yahoo.co.in

I would like to discuss more on this.

Thanks,

Rohit Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your scenario you could define the key generation ranges as per the required number ranges. Please refer the console guide pg160 ,161 to chekc if this option solves your problem.

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I am not looking for Remote System key generation.

I need a solution for the internal number range generation for any new BP or Material creation within MDM and there is no data model provided by standard SAP MDM on this.

- I am wondering how all other clients are implementing this kind of requirement?

- this is very crucial and important for any client in the BP.

Hi All,

Kindly share some of your experiences and provide solution in this regard.

Highly appreciated all helpful answers and suggestions.

-<u><i>Full Points will be given all valid answers</i></u>.

Regards, Pooja

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

MDM has a built in Auto ID field. This is basically a counter which is increased for each new record you're creating. You can use a calculated field for your requirement, e.g. you could combine the existing Auto ID with your different account groups in the calculation.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for the response and this soulution will be ok when there is one internal number range.

If you have more then one number range per acct group this(Auto ID field with calculated filed) is not the right approach.

and also you can't maintain sequecial number range in all the act. grps....

Regards,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Even i am looking for the solution from long time. I understood that MDM created id's will not solve the purpose of the number range . But we can do that with Java API program and i am not 100% sure but i think in XI also we can create number range . So when it got transfer to the desired destination system the configured number range will get triggered. One more option is create master data centrally in EP and generate number range there itself.

But it is sure MDM does'nt have full proof functionality to create number as we do in R/3.

Surley, this is not answer to the problem which u are looking for but just i have shared my experiancer with number range in MDM.

Thanks,

Rohit