Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some suggestions.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a reporting requirement with ODS

but that ODS is not available for Bex reporting

Can i change the ods settings (like enadle the available for Bex reporting option)

in production server.

if i cange that setting next what can i do?

can u please guide me on this

its an urget requirement

EVERY THING AND ANY THING WILL BE REWARED

Thanks in advance

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the performace point of view we can't select Bex reporting .You make Infoset for the ODS for Reporting it is only best way rather than Multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have access, you can change in the production server and go ahead. This is not advisable as the systems in the lanscape is not with the same settings

In DEV, change the settings and retransport your ODS to Production

Regards

N Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

BEx Reporting

<i>With the BEx Reporting indicator, you determine whether the ODS object is immediately available for BEx queries. If the indicator is not set, no SIDs are generated for the new characteristics when the data in the ODS object is activated. This optimizes the performance of the activation process, but the ODS object is not available as an InfoProvider for queries. Turn the indicator off for all ODS objects that are only being used for further processing of data in other data targets or that are being used in InfoSets.</i>

You can report using an Infoset or a Multiprovider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Rather than Changing create a multi-provider over that ODS and report on it.Ideally this is the best way.

Regards

Karthik