SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help about cross listing

Former Member
0 Kudos

would you help me about meaning of cross listing and how to create cross listing ?

best regards,

jin dal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

Cross-listing of courses is done in the Module Catalog, simply by creating a relationship between two courses. Just use the relationship 'Refers To', and you can cross-list one course against another course.

This is generally used when you have two courses that share events, but have different academic characteristics. For example, there may be a course where graduate students and undergraduate students sit in the same lecture. However, the graduate students earn graduate credit, while the undergraduate students earn undergraduate credit, depending on which course each student books.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started on the topic.

Michael

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

Cross-listing of courses is done in the Module Catalog, simply by creating a relationship between two courses. Just use the relationship 'Refers To', and you can cross-list one course against another course.

This is generally used when you have two courses that share events, but have different academic characteristics. For example, there may be a course where graduate students and undergraduate students sit in the same lecture. However, the graduate students earn graduate credit, while the undergraduate students earn undergraduate credit, depending on which course each student books.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started on the topic.

Michael

0 Kudos

let me ask you one more about cross listing.

1. i have two module

1) module A : for undergraduate

2) module B : for graduate

2) module A refer to Module B

3) i offered event for module B but Module A is not possible for event offering.

4) i can book student to module B but i can not book student to module A

in this case, how can i get information for module A.

Can student book to module A and module B each other.

and student can get information for Module A and Module B each other.

regards,

jin dal

0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

I forgot to mention one common oversight, which is probably what you are experiencing. You still need to go into module A and set the sessions of offering; otherwise you cannot book that module. It is not enough to just define sessions of offering for module B.

Michael