cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block SO due to payment/credit terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish to know how to do the configurations for the following situations. I know that the credit management is useful to block SO due to exceeding credit limits. But I want to know how SO are blocked due to payment terms.

1. I want a SO blocked for a customer that has other open SO that are exceeding payment terms/credit terms. Automation block.

2. System checks payment terms as well as credit limit. The SO will be blocked for that customer for both conditions.

3. Once the customer cleared payment for the open SOs, only then can they proceed to make new SO.

Best regards,

Zarah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zarah...

I am sorry.. I m not here to give u the solution. But I have exactly same client requirement and i am posting such queries on SDN and ITtoolbox from a week. But no luck.

I am tryin 2 figure out the same thing. What I feel is that in Auto credit cotl, (OVA8), We have the option of credit check against 'open items'. I think we can use it. I am doing RnD on that.

Please get back to me if you manage to dig out something useful.

My Id- prashant.mane@incat.com

- Warm regards,

Prashant

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put a check on oldestopenItem with DaysoldestItem = 1, So through this, a customer that has overdue and unpaid invoices will not be able to create a new Sales Order. Let’s say if the customer’s payment terms are 60 days and 1 day is put in the Days oldestItem, this means the credit check will block a new SO whenever the oldest open item is 61 days old.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think there is a option for blocking with respect to the payment terms...

Payment terms are Normally used to give the discounts not for blocking the sales order..

But we can use Oldest Open Items in OVA8 for blocking the SO's once the oldest open item reaches the given days time say 90 days...

If you need to block the sales order with Payment Terms you may ask your ABAPer to create new credit check...

Reward if helpful

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've noticed in OVA8 that there are checks on the High.dunn.level. Maybe the SO can be blocked for that customer if the open SOs has exceeded its payment terms and ongoing the dunning procedure. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zarah,

Please refer to karnesh's answer to my query. Its useful.

Also, i found 1 more useful point. Search 'defining payment terms'. Its in IMG> FI> AR/AP> OUTGOING INVOICES.

here while defining the terms of payment, we have an indicator for payment block key. Also, we can set the 'base date' from which the terms of payment will be effective. Try n use this.

Karnesh, if u can give some input this, that will be very nice of you.

.-Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Critical field are used to Block the sales order Only when we change the Payment term and/Or base date..

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zarah,

following setting will be helpful in your requirement.

Go To OVA8

Under Check tab

mark Critical fields and set reaction as well as block status.(this will take care of your payment terms)

I have considered that U have done the rest of the settings that desired with respect to credit check.

thanks

karnesh