cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling the scroll bars of the iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am creating one portal application which consists of 5 iView and my aim to have all the iViews completely visible on the screen at all the times and make use of the vertical and horizontal scrollbars to allow the user to see the additional data.

So my question is How to enable the vertical and horizontal scroll bars of the iViews. I have tried this by setting <b>Isolation Method</b> of the iView to <b>"URL"</b> but doing the same i was not able to pass the events from one iView to another.

Can you suggest me another way of enabling the scroll bars to iView.

Thanks in advance,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinmaya_sahoo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Add all the 5 iViews to the page.

set the iView Property height Type to "Automatic".

this property will enable the scrollbar when ever required.

Cheers

Chinmaya

Reward for helpful answers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prashanth,

this is infact very easy. Actually the reverse of this(removing the scroll bars is difficult).

just increase the height of the iViews under the iView properties.

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

There are some other ways for achieveing the same:

1. Define new Page Layout with 8 blocks of same size as per your requirement, and then place all the iviews in that, one per block. These changes need to be done in PAR file of framework page. (A bit time consuming)

2. Add iViews to pages such that one page contain one iview. Add all these pages to one page and then set page properties to display every apge completely like page height as full page.

3. iView height can be kept fixed and then all scroll bars will start appearing.

This might help you.

Regards

-Kedar Kulkarni

reward if useful