Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find the tables or a particular transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to find the tables for a particular transaction---- easy method required

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the program search for the keyword SELECT

Or

Switch on the trace..in ST05.

execute the program.

Switch off the trace..in ST05.

Then use LIST TRACE in St05 to view the SQls..

Thanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a very useful function module available for your requirement:

RS_PROGRAM_TABLES

Call this function module using:

OBJECT_TYPE = 'TRAN' " transaction

OBJECT_NAME = 'VA01'

" PROGRAM -> not required

MONITOR_ACTIVATE = 'X'

The function module will list you all DB tables touched by the transaction and shows whether they are read or updated (unfortunately, on ECC 5.0 this seems to be no longer the case. All tables are displayed as READ).

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/29/useful-tips-to-find-out-the-table-for-screen-field

or

Enter the transaction. From menu System->Status find out the program name. Double click it. You will find the names of tables in some top includes or double click the program and put tables in the find icon.you will get all the tables used in the transaction.

<b>Reward if usefull</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

<b>Find the table use by a transaction code</b>

You can easily find all the table access by a transaction code via <b>SE49</b>.

<i>Supply the transaction and click the Display button and all the table access by the particular transaction code will appear.</i>

Finding fields with Table Name

I'm working as a JR. ABAPer & frequently I encounter this situation when I'm given a report either with fields from a structure or no fields at all. I have following doubts:-

1) Who's responsibility it is to find out the fields complete with table name? Functional consultant or ABAPER?

2) Is there some std. way of finding out these fields?

You can go through Tables i.e. Data dictionary.

The table which store information about Structures and Tables are as follows:

DD02L - table properties

DD02T - table texts

DD03L - field properties

DD03T - field texts

How to find data related to a structure? With GREAT difficulty, but here are some ways (which will NOT always work! LOL) to find specific fields if you know the structure's fieldname.

1) First, goto SE11, and enter your structure name. Goto the field that holds your data, and double-click on the element name. Once inside the element, do a where-used list for that element, searching tables only. Then go into each table, and see if you can find the one holding your data. There may sometimes be a huge number of tables displayed, but a lot of them will be empty.

2) Get the name of the program behind your transaction, goto SE80, and enter the program name. 99% of the time it will be part of a module-pool and bring up the pool. Goto the dictionary structures, and search each table there for the one holding your data.

3) <i>Open a new session with transaction ST05, select SQL Trace, click on the Trace On button, and go back to your transaction (while leaving the session with ST05 open). Submit your transaction, and go back to the ST05 session. Click on the Trace Off button, then select the List Trace button. Continue with standard selections, and a BASIC TRACE LIST will appear. search thru the tables displayed under ObjectName</i>

Reward pts if found usefull

Regards

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to that perticular transaction

go to system -> status - there take the program(screen)

goto se80 -> select the program option ->give the program name which u've taken in the above step

below u can find all the tables and structure name in the "dictionary structure".

thanks,

jyothi.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

You can easily find all the table access by a transaction code via SE49.

Supply the transaction and click the Display button and all the table access by the particular transaction code will appear.

thanks

mrutyun^

0 Kudos

Hi friend,

wn i give se49,it is giving message as transaction se49 does not exist. plz give some other ways.also plz tel ,how to find the tables related to structures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The above answer(SE49) will give us the table names which were modified earlier......

It will not give us all the tables which are related to that transaction.

Thanks,

Jyothi D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This is easy and simple method which I am going lay down below, just follow the steps.....

First go to SE93 trasaction and enter your trasaction code there...

Secondly just display and see the program name.

Thirdly just copy that program.

Forthly Go to Trasaction SE80, Select Program and paste that program name below..

Fiftly just display the same... Then dropdown the tree of that program...then you will find option " Dict. Structures"..

Here you can find the tables which has been you for that transaction......

To go to this process there are some other ways you can reach to the tables.....

Please let me know any other help with this regards......

If it helps please reward..

cheers,

Sagun Desai......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijay,

first enter into the transaction then press f1 on any field in the transaction and in the screen that appears press the technical settings tab this will giv eu the table name.

reward if found helpful.

thanx&regards

chaitanya