cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

My situation is like this. I have created an order with single line item for 10 quantity. In delivery I did the batch split, 5 for one batch and for remaining 5 another batch. Then while doing billing for that delivery two line items should be displayed for same material but quantity 5 for first and another 5 for 2nd line item. BUT NOW IN BILLING ITS DISPLAYING 1ST LINE ITEM 10 QUANTITTY, 2ND LINE ITEM 5 QUANTITY, 3RD LINE ITEM 5 QUANTITY. SO I AM GETTING THE 1ST LINE ITEM WHICH IS UNNECESSARY THERE. ULTIMATELY MY BILLING VALUE IS GETTING DOUBLED.

Can anybody help me out of this please.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the delivery document for how much quantity you had created a delivery document.

If automatic batch determination is using in your organization if the required quantity is available in a particular batch,then the system will propose a quantity with particular batch number.

if you want to be manually split that quantity in to multiple batches then during delivery you can click on batch split and if the system had already proposed btch then you can change that batch number anbd quantities according to your need.

i think in your case ur company is already using batch determination hence systek had already proposed a particular batch and you also manually entered the same quantity with multiple batches.

in your case u can riverse the billing doc by using VF11 and VL09 T.codes and carryout new billing as per the needed quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please mainatin the following setting at VTFL Tcode ( Copy control between Invoice and Delivery)

At header Copying requirement 003

Export Data blank

Allocation No. E

Reference no. A

Check the check box Copy Item No.

At item level

Copying requirement 004

Data VBRK/VBRP 007

Billing qty B

Positive/Negative +

Pricing type G ( or as per ur requirement)

Keep other field blank .

And regarding ur doubt of 3 line item in Billing ideally u should only get one i.e of qty 10 . Invoice is not the doc to show batch split it is generally shown in Delivery document only.

Hope this help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pandey

Thanks for your reply. I have already maintained the same copy controls.

Anyway you are telling that in billing we should get only one line item for quantity 10. Before it was like that only. But even after billing, that particular delivery is still showing in billiing due list. So when I analyzed, I found that item category ZTAN (which got triggered in that deliver) was not there in copy controls. So I copied TAN and kept it as ZTAN. Then after that I found 3 line items in billing as I already said. 1st line - X material - 10 qty. 2nd line item - X material - 5 qty. 3rd line item - X material - 5 qty. (Actually for my other clients it is showing only 2nd and 3rd line items in billing, which was correct) Here I am getting the 1st line item extra which was not necessary. But when I save the Billling document with that 3 line items, that particular delivery was not showing in billing due list. So my actual problem was cleared but now the billing document value is doubled which was wrong.

I think you understood the problem clearly. Kindly provide me some solution.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u please check what is the item category for Batch split item and what is for Main item .

If i am not wrong , there should not be any Billing or pricing indicator for item category in Batch split .

Please check tcode VOV7 Check the item category at main item and batch split level and check billing and Pricing indicator.

As pricing will be at main item level and hence that main item will get copy into Invoice thru copy control we have maintained . That's why i said like generally Invoice is created for main item and not at batch split level.

Hope this help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pandey

Thanks for replying. Actually In delivery for main item - item catergory is ZWTN and for Batch split items - item category is ZTAN. In copy controls for ZWTN - Billing quantity was set to 'G'. While for ZTAN it was set to 'B'. So I changed for ZWTN billing quantity from 'G' to 'B'. Now while doing billing still 3 line items are coming but 1st line item is with '0' value. So finally I am getting the exact invoice value and even the delivery document was removed from billing due list. But the problem is 1st line item is getting displayed unnecessarily (even though there is no value in it). I think this is due to 2 different item categories for main item (ZWTN) and for batch items (ZTAN). I know how the item category for main item is determined. In the same way can you tell me how this batch item category is determined. so that I will maintain same item category for both main and batch.

suggest me please.

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

No need to chnage the item category .

Please goto SPRO-> Logistic execution -> Delivery ->Define item category determination for delivery item .

Mainatain the item category determination in same fashion .

Put the line as Delivery type + item category gp(NORM) + Usage CHSP + Itmcat( put ZWTN) and in next Itmcat ( ZTAN).

See now go to above mentioned path but goto Delivery item category and check the checkbox of automatic batch determination for ZWTN and uncheck the same for ZTAN.

Hope this help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

My situation is like this. I have created an order with single line item for 10 quantity. In delivery I did the batch split, 5qty for one batch and for remaining 5qty another batch. Then while doing billing for that delivery two line items should be displayed for same material, quantity 5 for first line item and another 5 for 2nd line item. BUT NOW IN BILLING ITS DISPLAYING 1ST LINE ITEM 10 QUANTITTY, 2ND LINE ITEM 5 QUANTITY, 3RD LINE ITEM 5 QUANTITY. SO I AM GETTING THE 1ST LINE ITEM WHICH IS UNNECESSARY THERE. ULTIMATELY MY BILLING VALUE IS GETTING DOUBLED.

Can anybody help me out of this please.

Regards

Ramesh