cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I transferd BOM to APO through PDS R/3 In integration model.we are using PDS in APO. I used PDS type PP/DS.Then i have to transfer it to SNP in APO.what is the transaction to move the PDS type PP/DS to SNP IN APO. Can any one please expalin me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clearing my doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It help me lot. But i have one question. Can the same PDS (R/3) will be transfered to PP/DS PDS and SNP PDS one after the other. Why i am asking the question is , I already transffered the PDS R/3 to PPDS PDS . Can i transfer the same PDS to SNP PDS in CFM1 now.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not transferred the PDS from R/3 to APO. PDS is a APO master data while Production Version (used to transfer as a PDS) is a R/3 master data. So you can transfer the same Production Version from R/3 to APO as a PPDS PDS and then SNP PDS (or vice versa).

Hope that helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

. I transferred production version to apo through PDS(R/3 ) in CFM1.We are using 5.0 apo .As far as i know,first we have to transfer production version to apo through PDS type PP/DS.after moving the PDS to APO, Then we have to convert it into SNP PDS. I think i didn"t ask the question properly previously. so it might be confused.Can u get some what clarity in my question.How APO will differentiate SNP PDS and PP/DS PDS.How it will differentiate Resources in terms of criticality.Master data for resource is same in APO.Let say example I am using single resouce (workcenter ) for operations.Then what will be the difference in SNP PDS and PP/DS PDS. can u clarify this doubt

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you go through the relevant <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/71/513b407b686913e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">help files</a>.

Per my understanding SNP PPM can be created from PPDS PPM but not so in case of PDS. You can have SNP PDS only from R/3.

If you have the single workcentre it needs to be considered for SNP PDS also. The difference will be - SNP PDS will be bucketed. So if the resource loading is 1 hour then in SNP the duration will be 1 day. In PPDS PDS the duration will be 1 hour same as that maintained in R/3.

This will be the primary difference. Also note that SNP PDS will be used by SNP Heuristic run while for PPDS Heuristic Run PPDS PDS will get used. The according planned orders are different - SNP Planned Orders and PPDS Planned Orders. SNP Planned Orders are not transferable to R/3.

Hope this helps.

somnath

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First did you transfer BOM or a Production Version to APO as PPDS PDS.

For creating an SNP PDS fro mthe same Production Version all you need to do is use the SNP Checkbox in CFM1 (like you used PPDS for PPDS PDS).

In case the routing/recipe in Production Version has multiple Operations with different resources / work centres and you do not want SNP PDS to be created for all the resources, then mark the sccording resources as SNP Not relevant in the APO Resource master txn /SAPAPO/RES01

Hoep this helps.

Somnath