Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm doing local development.My application consists of four projects in NWDS:

- WebDynpro for the views

- EJB Module for the Beans

- EAR

- Dictionary for DB-Tables and simple types

Because i want to bind the beans via webservices to the WebDynpro, i (think i) need to give the bean attributes the types i have defined in the dictionary project. When i try this i get the message "Type ... does not exist in the referenced projects". How do i reference the projects in NWDS in order to use my simple types in the entity bean?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open your project properties -> Project References.

Select your dictionary project.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, i should have mentioned that i've already tried this and several other options but it didn't worked.

It didn't worked either to use the simple types in dictionary project for value attributes after referencing the projects.

Any sugestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to find out how it works.

A not very elegant solution (but it works) is using copy/paste to copy simple types from your Java Dictionary project to your Web Dynpro local dictionary.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I already copied the simple types from webdynpro to the dictionay project, but it doesn't work. I can neither reference the webdynpro not dictionary project from the j2ee side. Always the same error message. Maybe it's because i'm using local development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

An EJB is referenced to a Dictionary Table not to a Simple Type. So you should define one table for every Entity Bean you are planning to use.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The entity bean is referencing to a dictionary table and it's already working fine. I just need another type from the local dictionary for an attribute.