cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read/Download the Document Saved in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to create a WebDynpro application which has a hyperlink, once the user clicks on the link, a document from the DMS has to be downloaded. Do u have any idea on the Function module used to read the document from DMS...

Thanx,

James...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

To be able to download original files to your PC I would recommend you to use the report DMS_KPRO_READ. Here you can enter the necessary document info record data and the report will display all attached originals. Additionally you will find a small green button beside each original. With this button you can download the original to a specific path on your PC.

If you want to do this by using BAPIs I would kindly ask you to see the SAP note 766277 which contains a complete documentation on all existing DMS BAPIs. For example you can use the following BAPIs:

- CheckoutView2

- CheckoutViewX

If you want to execute the BAPIs from external programs I would recommend you to use API function module because they are more flexible and able to be used in background too. For these special cases please see SAP note 504692.

Regarding your second question I would like to inform you that there is a possibility to convert originals by using a specific defined converter. You can convert one document info record by using transaction CONV02 or a document structure by using CONV04. Before you have to configure a suitable converter and define a conversion routine in the customizing (SPRO). For further information please see the SAP Online Documentation (http://help.sap.com) under

- SAP ERP Central Component

- Cross-Application Components

- Document Management

- Conversion

Here you will find all the necessary information on how to set up a converter and

a conversion.

I hope this information is usefull for you and don't forget to reward points in that case!

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

How can i download range of DMS documents from content server to some other location in the network( is not content server).

IS DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT works for me??

Please help me.

Thanks

Hari