cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Catalog gives HTTP 404 not found error on return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an SRM 4.0 that I am running with an external ITS. I have two systems that are almost exactly the same. When I shop with a particular external catalog in one system, it works fine. When I shop in the other system, I can get to the catalog and shop OK, but when I try to return the items to my cart, I get a 404 not found error. I have reviewed the HTML source being sent back to both systems and can identify no differences. I have scoured the config and it is exactly the same. There are no other error messages anywhere in the broken system. There are other external catalogs in that system that work fine. I know I am overlooking something but can't seem to figure out what. Any suggestions to alleviate this most frustrating problem are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>What are the steps you doing to reproduce this error in the system? Please give complete details.</u>

<b>Meanwhile, please look for following SAP OSS Notes as well -></b>

Note 576530 - Page cannot be displayed

Note 763955 - Error when resubmitting or forwarding

Note 851106 - Search in catalog from SRM leads to "Service not reachable"

Note 869716 - Package and SICF node missing for AP SICF services

Note 961775 - Missing 1x1.gif - HTTP 404 Error - File Not Found

Note 991863 EBPMSG service not available in transaction SICF

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am using an SRM 4.0 system on support pack 10 with external ITS.

I shop using the wizard transaction and click on my vendor's catalog. I build the cart I want on the catalog and when I click the button to add the cart to SRM, I get the 404 not found error in the same window that the catalog was in. There are no other details. It sort of looks like it gets back to the SRM system because the doc check BADI executes, but the catalog transfer BADI doesn't execute and you can't debug anything.

I looked through the notes you sent, but most are not relevant for my package level or don't describe the problem I am having.

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>A suggestion -></b>

<u>For time being, Please de-activate all the Active customer BADI Implementations using SE19 Transaction (name starting with Y or Z in this case) and then repeat the process of Shop functionlity again.</u>

Do let me know the results in this case.

Regards

- Atul

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristine,

It sounds like there is a HTTP/S redirect active somewhere in the affected system, check the service files in question to see if a redirect is active or if ITS is routed through a different server via table HTTPURLLOC or similar ... if the same config works on one syustem and not another then it is either this or simply a typo in the config for the problem catalog.

Regards,

Jason

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Woops, sorry, ignore the typo bit, if that was the case then the catalog wouldn't be called in the first place!!

Sorry!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was some setting on the ITS that caused this not to work. I am not entirely sure what it was as this is really outside the realm of my expertise. It's working now. Thanks for all the responses!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through the related links - ></b>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

None or your links worked... Is there something I can add to them so I can get to the threads you are referring to?

Thanks,

Kris

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

Please compare the HOOK_URL value using http log tool ? Something like HttpWatch.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this and I don't see anything that worries me...

Is there something specific that I should look for? My client is a defense contractor so I can't show you the URLs.

Thanks,

Kris